Law School telephone survey

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LSATfromNC

Law School telephone survey

Postby LSATfromNC » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:41 pm

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere. I just got a call about a law school survey. Supposedly you get $50, but we will see. Any one else on here get this call? For a minute it felt like a school was trying to gauge my interest, but the guy said they got my information from LSAC (which I don't really appreciate). Pretty much he asked where I applied (I simplified the list out of embarrassment lol), and what I thought about each of them, but then got caught on it. He specifically brought up Emory and W&M multiple times. I hadn't included them in my list of schools I applied to, so needless to say I got caught.

Unitas

Re: Law School telephone survey

Postby Unitas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:42 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:Sorry if this is posted elsewhere. I just got a call about a law school survey. Supposedly you get $50, but we will see. Any one else on here get this call? For a minute it felt like a school was trying to gauge my interest, but the guy said they got my information from LSAC (which I don't really appreciate). Pretty much he asked where I applied (I simplified the list out of embarrassment lol), and what I thought about each of them, but then got caught on it. He specifically brought up Emory and W&M multiple times. I hadn't included them in my list of schools I applied to, so needless to say I got caught.

Weird and kinda creepy... What number was it from?

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:43 pm

I;d like to know, too.

Usernamepassword

Postby Usernamepassword » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:44 pm

I didn't apply to W&M OR EMORY but they asked me about those schools multiple times as well...

HBK

Postby HBK » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:46 pm

I got that. It was from a Maryland #, was a call center and seemed legit. Supposedly, I should be getting part two of the survey in the mail any day now.

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:50 pm

Yeah it was a Maryland number. It'll be cool if the money pans out but I doubt it. I was creeped out, wasn't sure how honest I should be.

Wake is this you calling about seeing whether you should increase my scholarship? Maybe it's Vanderbilt, seeing if I am worth to get pulled of the waitlist. I'm way to paranoid lol.

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:59 pm

Was the number 410-721-0500? I got a call from that number yesterday, but didn't answer because it screamed marketer to me. It's a MD area code.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:02 pm

Strange, pretty sure I would call LSAC, see what was going on, and then give them an earful unless it was something for them.

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:03 pm

This number was WB&A Market Research.

Postby 20121109 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:06 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:Sorry if this is posted elsewhere. I just got a call about a law school survey. Supposedly you get $50, but we will see. Any one else on here get this call? For a minute it felt like a school was trying to gauge my interest, but the guy said they got my information from LSAC (which I don't really appreciate). Pretty much he asked where I applied (I simplified the list out of embarrassment lol), and what I thought about each of them, but then got caught on it. He specifically brought up Emory and W&M multiple times. I hadn't included them in my list of schools I applied to, so needless to say I got caught.

Exact same thing happened to me. They mentioned William and Mary, Emory, Wake Forest and some other school. At first I thought, oh cool a chance to get $50 for basically nothing...but then she said something about my bracket already being completed and just politely thanked me for my assistance before hanging up. :?

devilishangelrjp

Postby devilishangelrjp » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Hmm, I got an email survey. I thought it was weird, but I figured since it wasn't like those silly surveys where you go through all these offers before you get to send in your survey for a chance to win some money, I'd send it in anyway. I doubt I'll be getting any money though, because there was no place to put like contact info or anything specifically identifiable that I recall.

OneKnight

Postby OneKnight » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:36 pm

I received this call and I was pretty pissed about it. I told them I was not interested.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:38 pm

OneKnight wrote:I received this call and I was pretty pissed about it. I told them I was not interested.

+1. creeped me out.

Ladypurlt

Postby Ladypurlt » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:26 am

Yea I got it too thought it was fishy because they didn't give me the second part when i had anticipated doing both parts for the money glad to know i wasn't the only one

scruffs mcguff

Postby scruffs mcguff » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:59 am

I got the call too. It was a Maryland number. Guy asked me all the same questions above posters have mentioned. I never got caught on anything (although I didn't list ALL the schools I applied to). He asked me if I applied to Emory or W&M (which I didn't). He then asked how familiar I am with Emory, W&M, Wake, and UNC. He said I would be mailed the 2nd part of the survey to fill out.

When the call started I thought it was a scam and figured I would stay on until he asked for something like my SSN but it never got to that point.

Edit: Seems this was done last year too viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76250

globallawyer

Postby globallawyer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:12 pm

I got the same call, but halfway through they said that based on my responses I didn't qualify to finish for the money. It was sad. They were specific about w&m, emory, unc, and couple others I don't remember. Oh well.

HBK

Postby HBK » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:55 pm

I wanted the fifty bucks, so I did both parts.

vexion

Postby vexion » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:30 pm

HBK wrote:I wanted the fifty bucks, so I did both parts.
Did you get the second part in the mail? And have you received your $50 yet? :/ I'm trying to figure out if I should do the second part. I went ahead and answered the "first part" over the phone, since I was stuck in the car anyway.

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Why not do both parts for an easy $50? It's not like they asked for any personal information, just opinions and basic demographics. They told me the money would come after they've finished interviewing people, so a few weeks.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”