need advice for addendum..

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jayjohn

need advice for addendum..

Postby jayjohn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:05 pm

Hello everyone, I need advice on what to do for my current situation, I plan to apply to law school next year, in the start of my undergrad to my second year i had to drop out do to a family death, and family debt that restricted me from continuing school, I had to drop out after the withdrawal date which stained my transcript at that university. Two years later , after working and paying off family debt and supporting family members financially, I returned to a different university and started a different degree and achieved a 3.83 gpa(excluding my previous university marks). I also have a 175 lsat score. Will an addendum help or work? and has anyone tried an addendum and gotten results? thank u for your help :)

HBK

Re: need advice for addendum..

Postby HBK » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:08 pm

jayjohn wrote:Hello everyone, I need advice on what to do for my current situation, I plan to apply to law school next year, in the start of my undergrad to my second year i had to drop out do to a family death, and family debt that restricted me from continuing school, I had to drop out after the withdrawal date which stained my transcript at that university. Two years later , after working and paying off family debt and supporting family members financially, I returned to a different university and started a different degree and achieved a 3.83 gpa(excluding my previous university marks). I also have a 175 lsat score. Will an addendum help or work? and has anyone tried an addendum and gotten results? thank u for your help :)

Wow, that was really kind of you to do that for your family. Unfortunately, the LSAC will take your previous university grades into account when calculating your GPA. Your LSAT will get you into some competitive schools, but I wouldn't count on HYS.

Definitely include an addendum where ever you apply.

jayjohn

Postby jayjohn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:12 pm

HBK wrote:
jayjohn wrote:Hello everyone, I need advice on what to do for my current situation, I plan to apply to law school next year, in the start of my undergrad to my second year i had to drop out do to a family death, and family debt that restricted me from continuing school, I had to drop out after the withdrawal date which stained my transcript at that university. Two years later , after working and paying off family debt and supporting family members financially, I returned to a different university and started a different degree and achieved a 3.83 gpa(excluding my previous university marks). I also have a 175 lsat score. Will an addendum help or work? and has anyone tried an addendum and gotten results? thank u for your help :)

Wow, that was really kind of you to do that for your family. Unfortunately, the LSAC will take your previous university grades into account when calculating your GPA. Your LSAT will get you into some competitive schools, but I wouldn't count on HYS.

Definitely include an addendum where ever you apply.

thanks HBK, how about any T14 schools? I have been really interested in georgetown

smov_operator

Postby smov_operator » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:14 pm

Impressive story. I agree with definitely using an addendum. I did with excellent results. If you don't tell them your story they are not going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”