Where can I get up to date salary info for DAs? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BarbellDreams

Gold

Where can I get up to date salary info for DAs?

Post by BarbellDreams » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:36 pm

I plan on practicing law in PA after graduation and am looking at a ADA eventually leading to DA position. Where can I find up to date salary information for these positions? I also heard that after working for a couple of years a DA gets a decent promotion, where can I get info on this or is it even true?

Thanks in advance.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Re: Where can I get up to date salary info for DAs?

Post by Vincent Vega » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:42 pm

This has been addressed before, and I don't think there is a database or anything. The prevailing logic is that pay is generally commensurate with the city's COL (not always true, though). Many, but not all, DAs have salary information listed on their websites. Also, if you are interested in a specific district, if you email someone there, they should be able to quote starting salaries to you.

motiontodismiss

Silver

Post by motiontodismiss » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:20 am

It might be public record. Expect between $40k and $60k starting, depending on the COL in the area.

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:24 am

BarbellDreams wrote:I plan on practicing law in PA after graduation and am looking at a ADA eventually leading to DA position. Where can I find up to date salary information for these positions? I also heard that after working for a couple of years a DA gets a decent promotion, where can I get info on this or is it even true?

Thanks in advance.
http://www.pdaa.org/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=65

One county is hiring for $48,000 (experience as a prosecutor preferred).

dlac

New

Post by dlac » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:33 pm

Try http://www.glassdoor.com, it's essentially an anonymous user salary reporting site. Although the general reliability of it could be suspect in some cases, it should overall be pretty accurate. They provide salary ranges rather than a set number.

You have to register on the site to be able to browse freely, that includes posting your own job salary info.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

green22

New

Post by green22 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:17 pm

is it a good idea to go to a law school that is in the same city that you wouldn't mind being an ADA in or is it fine to go to any law school? Example, going to Case and deciding that you want to be an ADA in Pittsburgh or Philadelphia

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:24 pm

green22 wrote:is it a good idea to go to a law school that is in the same city that you wouldn't mind being an ADA in or is it fine to go to any law school? Example, going to Case and deciding that you want to be an ADA in Pittsburgh or Philadelphia
Generally better to go to the local school. But if you already have some sort of connections to the area (lived there, have family there, etc.), it shouldn't be a huge problem to go out of state. Would be a good idea to go back to that area for work at least one summer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”