Can't log into LSN

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
PlugInBaby

Can't log into LSN

Postby PlugInBaby » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:48 pm

Don't know if its the right place in the forum..but oh well.

Trying to check into my account at LSN. I keep on getting this error "There is a problem with sessions. Please send an email to webmaster@lawschoolnumbers.com." I have sent the email a couple days ago and nothing has changed thus far. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance.

Nixer

Re: Can't log into LSN

Postby Nixer » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:49 pm

I had that problem too, emailed, and never got a response. I found that I was only able to log in through the original computer I used to make the account, whether or not I was still logged in from that original computer.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:46 pm

Their server has issues with clearing past sessions. You can log in on a different computer, or just use a different browser. My IE no longer works after my computer crashed, but I can use Google Chrome to log in. That may be a IE 8 bug.

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:51 pm

I've also found that private browsing (or incognito, or whatever browser you use) prevents me from logging in no matter what computer I'm on. Don't know if that's standard...

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:25 pm

Lermontov wrote:I've also found that private browsing (or incognito, or whatever browser you use) prevents me from logging in no matter what computer I'm on. Don't know if that's standard...

That site use an old scheme to keep sessions so when you are browsing anonymously it probably won't let you establish a session so you can't log in. It is probably keeping sessions in a db that is not being cleared automatically when the session is lost.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”