Best Law School Laptop for the Money Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Silver

Re: Best Law School Laptop for the Money

Post by 2807 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:14 pm

My Macbook Air is used and abused, SSD, silent, fast, and awesome. Once you have SSD you will not want anything else. Fast and silent is really nice. And the lightweight is just fantastic. I do not play the games, but I have made great slide shows and used this mac for all of it with no problems. I have a 2gig, 2.16 processor, and it is fine. The new ones with 4 gig and newer technology should be even better.

A 15" MacBook Air is ideal for me, and I am holding out. For those wondering, the 13" has been great for me for years, and will probably remain my choice for law school.

Get a used SSD macbook Air like mine for 1000 all day long. And you will get the backlit keys !!!

And, I paid $2500 ! Drat, Faster, better, cheaper now!

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:06 pm

2807 wrote:I do not play the games, but I have made great slide shows and used this mac for all of it with no problems.

And, I paid $2500 !

--ImageRemoved--

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:08 pm

--LinkRemoved--

TITCR

Don't get a Mac and be a fanboy. You are in law school not art school

*edited for profanity

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:31 pm

Chupavida wrote:
ResolutePear wrote:
Chupavida wrote:It would be great. The only consideration would be installing Windows for examsoft if required for exams, something I'm sure isn't an issue.

Seriously, they have more than enough power for anything/everything school related, and have enough juice for casual gaming and HD video, all in a light-as-hell-yet-durable/reliable package.

And regarding TRIM and lifespan...

No. That's not how it works at all.
Well gee, thanks for the detailed explanation on TRIM. But, for the sake of the rebuttal - let me cover it:

Without getting into the low-level operations involved with TRIM, it does improve lifespan because it cuts down on the amount of data which needs to be deleted.

HTH.

(Source: http://windows7center.com/windows-7-fea ... rformance/)
Pear... no.

You might actually want to "[get] into the low-level operations involved with TRIM," because if you did so, you might actually come to understand what it is, how it works, and how it has nothing to do with lifespan. Protip: your source is wrong. I'd suggest the SSD anthology article on Anandtech as a jumping off point.

And mocking iPhone 4 buyers was cool for a couple weeks in July. You missed your window.
Cool, you discredited my source and suggested another source which does not go into life expectancy... but proves my point.

SSD's using trim reduces write amplification which increases life expectancy. Read the damn whitepapers from Intel like a good comp. sci. major :roll:

And on the final point: Did I insult your woman or something? Nothing wrong with pointing out shortcomings that shows how a company does business. I'd day the same about Motorola about their lax android upgrades to their phones. Get a life. :lol:

Silver

Post by 2807 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:34 pm

beach_terror wrote:
2807 wrote:I do not play the games, but I have made great slide shows and used this mac for all of it with no problems.

And, I paid $2500 !

--ImageRemoved--

BAHAHAHA. This is hilarious. So true. Im crackin up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”