Anybody in Seoul?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sg7007

Anybody in Seoul?

Postby sg7007 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:36 pm

I'm currently living in Seoul, and will be going to a US law school this fall. I've heard A LOT that you've gotta get some preliminary studying before the start of the dreaded 1L year. I guess it'd be more fun if I can study with someone else. If you are currently traveling, living, or staying or whatever in Seoul, and if you're interested in this study group thing, please PM me or email at sg7007@gmail.com

ps. I'm a 20-something Korean national with a funny hairdo.

vexion

Re: Anybody in Seoul?

Postby vexion » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:17 pm

sg7007 wrote:I'm currently living in Seoul, and will be going to a US law school this fall. I've heard A LOT that you've gotta get some preliminary studying before the start of the dreaded 1L year. I guess it'd be more fun if I can study with someone else. If you are currently traveling, living, or staying or whatever in Seoul, and if you're interested in this study group thing, please PM me or email at sg7007@gmail.com

ps. I'm a 20-something Korean national with a funny hairdo.

Just... don't. I don't want to hunt down and summarize the true consensus on TLS, but search the forums for "0L Prep." Essentially 9 out of 10 current law students say that substantive 0L prep doesn't help at all. In fact, it could even hurt. The test you're taking at the end of the semester isn't testing you on the material so much as on the material specific to the way your professor teaches it. Ergo you could end up learning something wrong when you're drilling E&E's all summer, if you can actually remember any of it at all.

Full disclosure, there ARE a number of people here who swear by 0L prep, probably most notably Arrow, author of the guide to 1L success at a T2. But I think by-and-large the informed ones, who've been through law school, say that you need to spend your summer relaxing on the beach, drinking, and partying.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”