Three Undergrad Schools :(

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Raw-Ley

Three Undergrad Schools :(

Postby Raw-Ley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:44 pm

I have been to 3 different undergrad schools. I spent a year at one, a semester at another, and when I graduate I will have spent 5 semesters and 2 summer semesters at my current school. I have a great academic record (GPA, extracurriculars, awards, etc.) at my current school, but only a so-so record at the other schools.

Do I have to include all three schools in my resume? Are law schools going to frown upon this? Is there a way to "bury" the other two?

T14_Scholly

Re: Three Undergrad Schools :(

Postby T14_Scholly » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:47 pm

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:50 pm

Raw-Ley wrote:I have been to 3 different undergrad schools. I spent a year at one, a semester at another, and when I graduate I will have spent 5 semesters and 2 summer semesters at my current school. I have a great academic record (GPA, extracurriculars, awards, etc.) at my current school, but only a so-so record at the other schools.

Do I have to include all three schools in my resume? Are law schools going to frown upon this? Is there a way to "bury" the other two?

I would say - Yes ... You should include all of them on your resume. Nah ... schools aren't going to care THAT much, I'm sure they've seen weirder crap. And finally No ... there is no way to "bury" the other two, they're going to show up on your report and you'll need transcripts from all three. What you can and should probably do is send an addendum with your applications explaining having attended three different UGs and what the issues were at the first two which lead to a poor academic performance.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:50 pm

Raw-Ley wrote:I have been to 3 different undergrad schools. I spent a year at one, a semester at another, and when I graduate I will have spent 5 semesters and 2 summer semesters at my current school. I have a great academic record (GPA, extracurriculars, awards, etc.) at my current school, but only a so-so record at the other schools.

No you have to submit all three transcripts, and your GPA will be every class you took at all three schools added up.

CMDantes

Postby CMDantes » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:55 pm

I feel your pain, but there is no way around it. I actually asked this very question a few weeks ago.

Every single college transcript you have received must be sent to LSAC. It's best just to accept it and move on.

hannibalhamlin61

Postby hannibalhamlin61 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Your resume is not the main concern: (I doubt it matters whether you put them all on it or not).

As stated: You do have to disclose all the schools you attended to LSAC & submit transcripts to get your cumulative GPA, which is going to hurt.

I have heard that multiple undergraduate schools is not an automatically negative factor (I asked this same question): They look at your overall grade-trend, so the fact that you improved should help.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”