reapplying

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chanchito

reapplying

Postby chanchito » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:55 pm

Does it hurt to reapply the following year if you are rejected? I mean, of course if nothing has changed you probably won't get in the next time, but I mean, just the fact that you have applied before- does that hurt at all?

sibley

Re: reapplying

Postby sibley » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:59 pm

chanchito wrote:Does it hurt to reapply the following year if you are rejected? I mean, of course if nothing has changed you probably won't get in the next time, but I mean, just the fact that you have applied before- does that hurt at all?

It'll help with showing how much you actually want to go to the school

It'll hurt if the school's selectivity increases

PlugInBaby

Postby PlugInBaby » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:30 pm

It does not hurt whatsoever...there are countless examples of people who got dinged on the first try...only to improve their application greatly in many ways and not only get admitted...but get $$ as well.

sibley

Postby sibley » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:31 pm

PlugInBaby wrote:It does not hurt whatsoever...there are countless examples of people who got dinged on the first try...only to improve their application greatly in many ways and not only get admitted...but get $$ as well.

what about transferring into a school that dinged you?

Cleareyes

Postby Cleareyes » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:33 pm

sibley wrote:
chanchito wrote:Does it hurt to reapply the following year if you are rejected? I mean, of course if nothing has changed you probably won't get in the next time, but I mean, just the fact that you have applied before- does that hurt at all?

It'll help with showing how much you actually want to go to the school

It'll hurt if the school's selectivity increases

I don't think either of these is particularly true. Especially the second. While it will be harder to get into a school if its selectivity increases, that difficulty won't fall especially on students who were rejected during their first attempt at admission to that school. A re-applicant will have the same increased difficulty any other applicant in the more selective year would face.

From what I've heard and read schools don't view re-application positively or negatively.

youpiiz

Postby youpiiz » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:35 pm

omg cutest tar ever!!!!

chanchito

Postby chanchito » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:56 pm

lol I have one of them at home :)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”