Invitation to Fidler Symposium at Loyola

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dontworrybehappy

Invitation to Fidler Symposium at Loyola

Postby dontworrybehappy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:24 pm

Hi all,

My application decision was rendered on 3/25 and a letter was dispatched to me that I have yet to receive. I got an invitation today to the The Fidler Institute on Criminal Justice Symposium, and check out the very last line:

The Fidler Institute on Criminal Justice
Friday, April 9, 2010
8:45 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.

This yearly symposium, named in Honor of Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Larry P. Fidler (of the Phil Spector trial), is a forum for discussing current hot topics in the area of criminal law.

This year, there will be four panels focused on the following issues:

Panel 1 - Snitches

Panel 2 - Prosecutorial Misconduct

Panel 3 - Cutting Edge Issues in Forensic Science: Should Brain Scans and other Scientific Evidence Be Admissible in Criminal Cases?

Panel 4 - Parole, Sentencing, & Prison Reform

Panelists include federal judges, law professors, public defenders, district attorneys and a number of defense attorneys who have been involved in some recent high profile cases.

For further details on each of the panels and speakers, please visit the Fidler Institute website.

The Lunch & Keynote speaker: The Honorable Adam Schiff, U.S. Congressman, 29th District California.

The symposium will conclude with the Judges' Reception and Fidler Awards honoring Michael Judge, Public Defender for Los Angeles, The Honorable Carolyn Turchin, United States Magistrate Judge, The Honorable Michael Tynan, Los Angeles Superior Court.

If you would like to attend or have any questions, please contact Christina Sandoval at christina.sandoval@lls.edu no later than April 2, 2010. As an admitted student, there will be no cost for you to attend the symposium if register in advance with the Admissions Office.

---

:idea: Have any admitted students also received this email? Does this mean that I did in fact get in? Did anyone else get this?

I'm very excited but trying to stay calm! I hope I'm right. I spent 30 minutes analyzing the grammar (I was an English major ha ha) and that was my conclusion (that I am an admitted student).

erniesto

Re: Invitation to Fidler Symposium at Loyola

Postby erniesto » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:25 pm

You're a winner!!!!

Though I'm not quite sure what you're so excited about.

thestalkmore

Re: Invitation to Fidler Symposium at Loyola

Postby thestalkmore » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:02 am

This topic is way less exciting than I thought it would be.

You don't play a mean fiddle?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”