sibley wrote:Miscellaneous Thievery
Dear Sir or Madam,
We are the proprietors of all copyright in a literary/artistic/musical work entitled "Little Girl's Legs - Avatar" (The "Work"). We have reserved all rights in the Work, which was first expressed in material form on March 29, 2010.
It has come to our attention that your work entitled "Sibley Avaturd" is identical/substantially similar to our copyrighted Work. Permission was neither asked nor granted to reproduce our Work and your Work therefore constitutes infringement of our rights. In terms of the Copyright Statutes, we are entitled to an injunction against your continued infringement, as well as to recover damages from you for the loss we have suffered as a result of your infringing conduct.
In the circumstances, we demand that you immediately:
1. remove all infringing content and notify us in writing that you have done so;
2. credit all infringing content to ourselves in the following manner: through the inclusion of a "signature" to follow each of your posts (without exception) crediting your avatar to its proprietors and clearly stating the rights to which said proprietors are entitled;
3. pay a licensing fee in the amount of $0.05 per diem;
4. immediately cease the use and distribution of copyrighted material;
5. deliver-up for destruction all unused or undistributed copies;
6. undertake in writing to desist from using any of our copyrighted Work in future without prior written authority from us.
We await to hear from you by no later than close of business on March 29, 2010.
This is written without prejudice to our rights, all of which are hereby expressly reserved.
Herb Watchfell et al.