Disabilities and Admissions Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mayra0509

New

Re: Disabilities and Admissions

Post by mayra0509 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:48 pm

Desert Fox wrote:I got rejected at Cornell because I've got freckles. I have a 176 for the gods' sake.

I got WL'd at GTTTown because I'm socially awkward. Class action!??!?

Are you serious?!?!? I find that really hard to believe...not saying that you're lying, I just can believe someone would actually do that. Its insane!

Herb Watchfell

Bronze

Post by Herb Watchfell » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:00 pm

mayra0509 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I got rejected at Cornell because I've got freckles. I have a 176 for the gods' sake.

Are you serious?!?!? I find that really hard to believe...not saying that you're lying, I just can believe someone would actually do that. Its insane!
interesting choice of words

avacado111

Bronze

Post by avacado111 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:02 pm

wtf. this thread is stupid.

Herb Watchfell

Bronze

Post by Herb Watchfell » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:08 pm

avacado111 wrote:wtf. this thread is stupid.
and stupidity attracts you

avacado111

Bronze

Post by avacado111 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:16 pm

Herb Watchfell wrote:
avacado111 wrote:wtf. this thread is stupid.
and stupidity attracts you
hahahaha. it does... sadly :(

but in all seriousness.... the whole thread is just banging on OP and is severly off topic.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mayra0509

New

Post by mayra0509 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:30 pm

Herb Watchfell wrote:
mayra0509 wrote:

Please....Elaborate.
Ok seriously ppl. I'm at work and am completely bored. Entertain me 8)

Herb Watchfell

Bronze

Post by Herb Watchfell » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:31 pm

mayra0509 wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:
mayra0509 wrote:

Please....Elaborate.
Ok seriously ppl. I'm at work and am completely bored. Entertain me 8)
the poor lady has a mental disorder and you say her desire to sue Georgetown is, get this, INSANE!

amputatedbrain

Bronze

Post by amputatedbrain » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:26 am

I'm not so sure if a school checking up on a severe mental disability is so wrong. Physical disabilities (I have a notable one), once properly accommodated, will not affect law school performance, and the school can be fairly confident of this. I imagine mental disabilities are much different. There is no wheelchair ramp equivalent for a severe mental disorder, and law is a profession that seems to require a great deal of mental stability and cohesiveness. I think a school should be able to ask whether or not someone's condition will interfere with their ability to practice law, as there is probably much less the school can do to accommodate than for a physical disability. That said, I see where there could be a very fine line between that and some form of discrimination. But schools do not want to admit people who they do not think will be successful with the degree they will be granted. I'll admit that my knowledge of mental disability is limited, but I disagree with the premise that the school asking about it implies discrimination has taken place . . . or at least that if it is part of the rejection decision, it is a cumulative part of an application that has led the school to believe you would not be successful there.

Mal

New

Post by Mal » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:04 am

It makes me sad that the OP is Canadian.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bigchris1313

New

Post by bigchris1313 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:56 pm

This thread gleamed with so much promise; alas, I opened it to find its contents made of FAIL.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:57 pm

Mal wrote:It makes me sad that the OP is Canadian.
don't worry, I'm not. herb watchfell may be though. he enjoys posing as me.

Herb Watchfell

Bronze

Post by Herb Watchfell » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:58 pm

sibley wrote:Miscellaneous Thievery
In re Image

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are the proprietors of all copyright in a literary/artistic/musical work entitled "Little Girl's Legs - Avatar" (The "Work"). We have reserved all rights in the Work, which was first expressed in material form on March 29, 2010.

It has come to our attention that your work entitled "Sibley Avaturd" is identical/substantially similar to our copyrighted Work. Permission was neither asked nor granted to reproduce our Work and your Work therefore constitutes infringement of our rights. In terms of the Copyright Statutes, we are entitled to an injunction against your continued infringement, as well as to recover damages from you for the loss we have suffered as a result of your infringing conduct.

In the circumstances, we demand that you immediately:

1. remove all infringing content and notify us in writing that you have done so;

2. credit all infringing content to ourselves in the following manner: through the inclusion of a "signature" to follow each of your posts (without exception) crediting your avatar to its proprietors and clearly stating the rights to which said proprietors are entitled;

3. pay a licensing fee in the amount of $0.05 per diem;

4. immediately cease the use and distribution of copyrighted material;

5. deliver-up for destruction all unused or undistributed copies;

6. undertake in writing to desist from using any of our copyrighted Work in future without prior written authority from us.

We await to hear from you by no later than close of business on March 29, 2010.

This is written without prejudice to our rights, all of which are hereby expressly reserved.

Yours faithfully,
Herb Watchfell et al.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:59 pm

Herb Watchfell wrote:
In re Image

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are the proprietors of all copyright in a literary/artistic/musical work entitled "Little Girl's Legs - Avatar" (The "Work"). We have reserved all rights in the Work, which was first expressed in material form on March 29, 2010.

It has come to our attention that your work entitled "Sibley Avaturd" is identical/substantially similar to our copyrighted Work. Permission was neither asked nor granted to reproduce our Work and your Work therefore constitutes infringement of our rights. In terms of the Copyright Statutes, we are entitled to an injunction against your continued infringement, as well as to recover damages from you for the loss we have suffered as a result of your infringing conduct.

1. remove all infringing content and notify us in writing that you have done so;

2. credit all infringing content to ourselves in the following manner: through the inclusion of a "signature" to follow each of your posts (without exception) crediting your avatar to its proprietors and clearly stating the rights to which said proprietors are entitled;

6. undertake in writing to desist from using any of our copyrighted Work in future without prior written authority from us.

This is written without prejudice to our rights, all of which are hereby expressly reserved.

Yours faithfully,
Herb Watchfell et al.
I already reported you to the mods.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Herb Watchfell

Bronze

Post by Herb Watchfell » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:06 pm

sibley wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:
In re Image

Dear Sir or Madam,

Yours faithfully,
Herb Watchfell et al.
Madam, I have as much a right to use that avatar as you do.

The marked difference in our handles should clear up any identity issues you may have.
Last edited by Herb Watchfell on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:06 pm

Herb Watchfell wrote:
sibley wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:
In re Image

Dear Sir or Madam,

Yours faithfully,
Herb Watchfell et al.
Madam, I have as much a right to use that avatar as you do.
'cept for I own the original picture. though I'd be curious to see what you give me for a head.

Herb Watchfell

Bronze

Post by Herb Watchfell » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:08 pm

sibley wrote:'cept for I own the original picture. though I'd be curious to see what you give me for head.
Excuse you! I would never engage in such filth. How dare you suggest a man of my name would ever pay for such a thing?!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Herb Watchfell wrote:
sibley wrote:'cept for I own the original picture. though I'd be curious to see what you give me for head.
Excuse you! I would never engage in such filth. How dare you suggest a man of my name would ever pay for such a thing?!
<sigh>

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Herb Watchfell

Bronze

Post by Herb Watchfell » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:16 pm

sibley wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:
<sigh>
Madam, I am confident that we will be able to resolve the matter without having to resort to a third party arbiter. I suggest I keep the avatar for the duration of the month (3-31), after which you will have the sole right to its intellectual property. As part of the agreement, and in consideration for my end of the bargain, you shall never again use that horrid thing in any capacity while you are a poster (both active and non-active) on TLS.

Agree?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:17 pm

Herb Watchfell wrote:
sibley wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:
<sigh>
Madam, I am confident that we will be able to resolve the matter without having to resort to a third party arbiter. I suggest I keep the avatar for the duration of the month (3-31), after which you will have the sole right to its intellectual property. As part of the agreement, and in consideration for my end of the bargain, you shall never again use that horrid thing in any capacity while you are a poster (both active and non-active) on TLS.

Agree?
no thanks

Herb Watchfell

Bronze

Post by Herb Watchfell » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:19 pm

sibley wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:

Agree?
no thanks
I'm afraid that is not a counteroffer. Have you one?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:19 pm

Herb Watchfell wrote:
sibley wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:

Agree?
no thanks
nope. I'm gonna let the mods handle it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Herb Watchfell

Bronze

Post by Herb Watchfell » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:20 pm

sibley wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:
sibley wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:

Agree?
no thanks
nope. I'm gonna let the mods handle it.
Very well then.

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:27 pm

Herb, I saw your pre-edited post, LOL

Also: My name is aznflyingpanda and I approve this thread.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:28 pm

aznflyingpanda wrote:Herb, I saw your pre-edited post, LOL

Also: My name is aznflyingpanda and I approve this thread.
I also saw the pre-edited post. It said something about burning me.

azn, I heard you were a huge butt at the wustl asd

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”