Resume Help !!! Serious Responses Only.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jimmyj

Re: Resume Help !!! Serious Responses Only.

Postby jimmyj » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:13 pm

Thanks for the advice and then insulting me...

Here's my advice to you: go f-ck yourself

cwkenneth wrote:James,

You really should not be worried about your lack of employment the past 3 years. This resume flaw is easily concealed by stating you started your own financial consulting practice - this is essentially what you were doing. With the numbers you mentioned, you really shouldn't have any problems getting into the top 10 law school.

On another note, I was hesitant to respond to your question only because of the original title of your post. If you truly believe any non Ivy leaguer's opinion is not worthy of consideration then the disrespect you've received is well deserved. Perhaps you cannot help the fact that you are the one coming across as the immature douche bag on this site, because all you've really have done the past three years is sit around with your thumb up your ass. Perhaps you should work on your social skills first before you apply to law school.

By the way, if you really are the person you appear to be, you really don't have friends, trust me.

Anyways hope my resume advice helped.

jimmyj

Postby jimmyj » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:13 pm

Your a flame

Italia8183 wrote:Why hasn't anyone called jimmyj out for being a flame? That's obviously what he is...

jimmyj

Postby jimmyj » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:14 pm

I have a 179...you douche bag

SaintClarence27 wrote:
jimmyj wrote:Your so funny... :lol:

What about my funny?

And unless 'your' ESL, I'd suspect you scored closer to a 145.

adameus

Postby adameus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:16 pm

wow!! Jimmy J you are epic. I'm suprised someone as emotionally unstable as yourself can handle the ups and downs of the financial markets.

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:17 pm

jimmyj wrote:I haven't had a "real job" in the last 3 years and I'm nervous what this will look like to ADCOM's. I am 32 (so I'm not just a young kid out of undergrad)...I have a Masters in Finance from Princeton. I have A LOT of investment income (hence, why I left my job 3 years ago and the reason I don't need to work). Could I put down that I have been mananging my investments (as well as friends and families investment portfolios)? I have basically made that my full-time job over the last 3 years and haven't done much else.

Please only respond to this with mature answers--and no, I am not a troll. I just need to figure out what to list this on my resume as. You also may wonder why I am headed toward a law degree? Truth is, I was burned out with my Finance career and want to pursue something else.

Dude - add your portfolio mgmt experience to your resume or write a supplement about the employment gap. It's simply addressed.

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:20 pm

By the way, when you're rejected from Stanford and NYU, you really should write a letter telling them that you're not interested in their opinion because they're non-Ivies. When you're rejected from Yale and Harvard, do something else I guess.

jimmyj

Postby jimmyj » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:20 pm

I would like to thank you all for making this thread such a hit. It seems I must have really did a great job of getting under your skin. You were all very amusing :) Thank you for making my afternoon so entertaining :)

And yes, all my stats are true.

I will be talking to you all again soon...next time under a different screename :lol:

Bye, Bye :evil:
Last edited by jimmyj on Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Italia8183

Postby Italia8183 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:21 pm

jimmyj wrote:[strike]Your[/strike] you're a flame

Italia8183 wrote:Why hasn't anyone called jimmyj out for being a flame? That's obviously what he is...

edited on your behalf.
Last edited by Italia8183 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimmyj

Postby jimmyj » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:21 pm

f-ck yourself

adameus wrote:wow!! Jimmy J you are epic. I'm suprised someone as emotionally unstable as yourself can handle the ups and downs of the financial markets.

jimmyj

Postby jimmyj » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:21 pm

f-ck yourself

Italia8183 wrote:

edited on your behalf.

adameus

Postby adameus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:22 pm

cya!

Italia8183

Postby Italia8183 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:23 pm

jimmyj wrote:f-ck yourself

Italia8183 wrote:

edited on your behalf.

damn, and we all thought you were gone...lol!!!

jimmyj

Postby jimmyj » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:25 pm

:evil:

damn, and we all thought you were gone...lol!!![/quote]

whitman

Postby whitman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:38 pm

What an unexpected, procrastination-fueling treat. Jimmyj, you are hilarious. I'm glad everyone takes you seriously and that you responded with such provocative, over-the-top insults. Bravo to everyone involved.

Also, jimmyj, as others have said and I suspect you know, don't worry about the three years. You started your own financial consulting practice. Done. You will get into at least one of HYS.

WWAD

Postby WWAD » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:29 pm

jimmyj wrote:It seems I must have really did a great job of getting under your skin.

You really got a 179 and a 3.9 GPA. Good thing you are not taking the GMAT, that pesky grammar would have gots in your way.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:31 pm

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”