How much alcohol can I drink & still succeed in Law School?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: How much alcohol can I drink & still succeed in Law School?

Postby 09042014 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:54 pm

calicocat wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
calicocat wrote:It's dumbs day on tls imo


Your return to TLS day?

Sorry I had too.

This was planned. To remind me why I left.

I miss you so much DF


How is chat going? I can't go on at work and have been busy at night.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: How much alcohol can I drink & still succeed in Law School?

Postby calicocat » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Desert Fox wrote:How is chat going? I can't go on at work and have been busy at night.


It's a black hole for time. More so than BP was haha.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: How much alcohol can I drink & still succeed in Law School?

Postby 09042014 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:03 pm

calicocat wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:How is chat going? I can't go on at work and have been busy at night.


It's a black hole for time. More so than BP was haha.


Yea I can't imagine how much time waterman logs in that chat. It has to be 12+ hours a day.

I spent 3 hours one night and felt like a failure of a human being.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: How much alcohol can I drink & still succeed in Law School?

Postby calicocat » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
calicocat wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:How is chat going? I can't go on at work and have been busy at night.


It's a black hole for time. More so than BP was haha.


Yea I can't imagine how much time waterman logs in that chat. It has to be 12+ hours a day.

I spent 3 hours one night and felt like a failure of a human being.

Yeah I sicken myself

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: How much alcohol can I drink & still succeed in Law School?

Postby Grizz » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:54 pm

romothesavior wrote:
rad law wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I'm not in LS yet, but I can tell you I plan to drink often. Maybe not drink to get shit-faced like I did in UG, but go to the bar with regularity as more of a social thing.


My buddy at Vandy goes out 3 nights a week (never went out in UG) and is over median. This seems like a good sign.


It seemed like every 10th word in the Obiter Dictum was a reference to drinking. (And I think I counted 4 Pabst Blue Ribbon references.) Vandy sounds like a fun place to be.


On Friday at Blackacre, the law students and prospectives polished off 2 kegs, and then for trivia right afterwards (in a massive lecture hall packed to the brim), another keg was finished off halfway through. Then people started showing up with 12 packs and 24 packs. It was pretty fun/crazy.

mayra0509
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: How much alcohol can I drink & still succeed in Law School?

Postby mayra0509 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:58 pm

cardnal124 wrote:
ApexChaser wrote:Not in school yet, but the rule of thumb I found in undergrad engineering was:

1. Just pass - 4 nights a week
2. Do well (Maybe consistent B's) - 3 nights a week
3. Very well - 80th percentile - 2 nights a week
4. Summa Cum Laude - top 2-3 percent. 1 night a week


Well thats true for grades, however for job prospects out of business school this is what I found:

1. Just get a crappy job - 1 night a week
2. Do well (Maybe small to mid size firm) - 2 nights a week
3. Very well - Respected mid size firm - 3 nights a week
4. BAMF - Large firm making bank. 7 nights a week


for #4 I would add a min. 24 cool ones in the mini fridge in your office for those stress full hours at work :wink:

GatorBait09
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: How much alcohol can I drink & still succeed in Law School?

Postby GatorBait09 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:01 pm

rad law wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
rad law wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I'm not in LS yet, but I can tell you I plan to drink often. Maybe not drink to get shit-faced like I did in UG, but go to the bar with regularity as more of a social thing.


My buddy at Vandy goes out 3 nights a week (never went out in UG) and is over median. This seems like a good sign.


It seemed like every 10th word in the Obiter Dictum was a reference to drinking. (And I think I counted 4 Pabst Blue Ribbon references.) Vandy sounds like a fun place to be.


On Friday at Blackacre, the law students and prospectives polished off 2 kegs, and then for trivia right afterwards (in a massive lecture hall packed to the brim), another keg was finished off halfway through. Then people started showing up with 12 packs and 24 packs. It was pretty fun/crazy.


Stop, you're making me so excited to go to law school 8)

Here's to being sloshed August through mid-November.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arthrod, blackpi, nicolexyn and 2 guests