(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dany

Postby Dany » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Last edited by Dany on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starsong

Re: Ws

Postby starsong » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:25 pm

eskimo wrote:Hey all. I know TLSers post and ask about Ws on transcripts all the time, but I'm just looking for a bit of advice before potentially dropping a class today. The teacher is horrific, and I have put hours of work into even my smallest of assignments, yet am receiving awful grades (many others in the class are complaining of it too.) I have two Ws on my transcript, and my GPA is around a 3.8 currently. I'll be applying in the fall, and was wondering whether having my GPA drop below a 3.8 (which it will if I keep this class) or a having a third W is worse. Thanks!

Tough call. Schools tend to look on multiple Ws with suspicion. But then again, LS is largely a #s game, and falling below 3.8 can be detrimental. My gut says drop it, three Ws is still borderline, but it's a toss-up.

Dany

Re: Ws

Postby Dany » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:38 pm

starsong wrote:Tough call. Schools tend to look on multiple Ws with suspicion. But then again, LS is largely a #s game, and falling below 3.8 can be detrimental. My gut says drop it, three Ws is still borderline, but it's a toss-up.

Thanks for the input!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”