Loyola New Orleans Fall 2010 - Feb LSAT

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cgs230

Loyola New Orleans Fall 2010 - Feb LSAT

Postby cgs230 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:01 pm

Hey everyone-
I'm dying to get into NOLA's Loyola school. My LSAT is exactly there 75th percentile, and my GPA is pretty much the school's average (my undergrad GPA a point or two lower and my grad a bit higher) but I still fear that due to the bad economy, a Feb LSAT will be the deciding factor in rejecting me. I really have not idea, but I'm crazy about going back down to New Orleans, getting a JD, and practicing law there.

Anyone have any ideas? It's only been 2 weeks since the app was completed (which stinks, since my test was 2/6) , and this could go on for a long time I fear.

Anyone had experience with them? I know the school is not in the top tier like a lot of the ones you take about, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks!

RickyRoe

Re: Loyola New Orleans Fall 2010 - Feb LSAT

Postby RickyRoe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:14 pm

I have a friend who is a 2L there, he seems to like it. Nola is a great town, but Loyola is overshadowed by Tulane. With your numbers (I'm guessing 156, 3.3) you might get in, but paying sticker and COL might not be a good idea. If you are dead set on going, study your ass off because you will need to graduate at the top of your class.

RickyRoe

Postby RickyRoe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:23 pm

I looked it up and the tuition is $34,300 + fees + COL and you are looking at debt of between $150,000 and $200,000 plus whatever you have from undergrad.

I would wait a year, move to LA, gain residency, retake the LSAT, and hope you get a score high enough to get in LSU. That would save you $60,000 over 3 years.

Coriolanus

Postby Coriolanus » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:36 pm

I'm from New Orleans, and while Loyola is expensive it has a great reputation in the New Orleans metro area. I know many lawyers who went to Loyola, and they are doing very very well.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”