Summer class as a 0L?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lauren24

Summer class as a 0L?

Postby lauren24 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:32 pm

One school in particular that I am very interested in contacted me to see if I wanted to enroll in a summer program where you take Contracts.

Is this a good thing to do? The benefits would be that during the Fall I would have only 3 classes instead of 4, so potentially this could mean better grades. However, the summer class would mean more expenses (I would have to move closer to the school 2 months earlier than expected). Also, how hard is Contracts as a summer course? (I know that is a very subjective question but just wondering) The schedule for the class would be 4 times a week for an hour each day.

gogators

Re: Summer class as a 0L?

Postby gogators » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:35 pm

lauren24 wrote:One school in particular that I am very interested in contacted me to see if I wanted to enroll in a summer program where you take Contracts.

Is this a good thing to do? The benefits would be that during the Fall I would have only 3 classes instead of 4, so potentially this could mean better grades. However, the summer class would mean more expenses (I would have to move closer to the school 2 months earlier than expected). Also, how hard is Contracts as a summer course? (I know that is a very subjective question but just wondering) The schedule for the class would be 4 times a week for an hour each day.

Personally I wouldn't do it. I had K's my first semester and its very technical and time consuming. Believe me, enjoy your last summer. I literally didn't work last summer except for reading Getting to Maybe and it was one of the smartest moves I've ever made.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”