0L's and lots of beer!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
quetzalcoatl

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:23 am

0L's and lots of beer!

Postby quetzalcoatl » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:20 pm

Just wondering how much TLS drinks. Daily, weekly, monthly? I'm not the binge drinking type, but I probably have a beer or two most days (Its not alcoholsim unitll you graduate, right?) Anybody start drinking way more or way less after starting law school?

Borhas

Platinum
Posts: 6249
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby Borhas » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:42 pm

used to be an alcoholic... probably around 50-70 drinks a week

now probably 1-5
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Grizz

Diamond
Posts: 10566
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby Grizz » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:48 pm

7+ drinks 2-3 days a week.

User avatar
quetzalcoatl

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:23 am

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby quetzalcoatl » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:14 pm

Borhas wrote:used to be an alcoholic... probably around 50-70 drinks a week

now probably 1-5


Im always really impressed by people that can kick the habit but still drink in moderation. Its a very hard thing to do without letting it get out of control, props Borhas.

CSKNJ

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:36 am

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby CSKNJ » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:17 pm

4 to 8 drinks (sometimes more) one to three times a week. Got a DUI last fall which was a huge bummer. I thought it would hurt my law school chances which it didn't. Still a lot of cash to fork over to the state though.

User avatar
superserial

Bronze
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby superserial » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:20 pm

quetzalcoatl wrote:Just wondering how much TLS drinks. Daily, weekly, monthly? I'm not the binge drinking type, but I probably have a beer or two most days (Its not alcoholsim unitll you graduate, right?) Anybody start drinking way more or way less after starting law school?


more often, but much less alcohol per drinking session. in law school the nightcap suddenly feels acceptable.

User avatar
Drummingreg

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby Drummingreg » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:38 pm

superserial wrote:
quetzalcoatl wrote:Just wondering how much TLS drinks. Daily, weekly, monthly? I'm not the binge drinking type, but I probably have a beer or two most days (Its not alcoholsim unitll you graduate, right?) Anybody start drinking way more or way less after starting law school?


more often, but much less alcohol per drinking session. in law school the nightcap suddenly feels acceptable.

In UG nightcaps didn't feel acceptable?

What did you study at BYU?

User avatar
mkirk3

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby mkirk3 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Varies hugely on the week, from 5-30 ignoring outliers, but I probably drink about 15 in a week.

User avatar
superserial

Bronze
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby superserial » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:32 pm

Drummingreg wrote:
superserial wrote:
quetzalcoatl wrote:Just wondering how much TLS drinks. Daily, weekly, monthly? I'm not the binge drinking type, but I probably have a beer or two most days (Its not alcoholsim unitll you graduate, right?) Anybody start drinking way more or way less after starting law school?


more often, but much less alcohol per drinking session. in law school the nightcap suddenly feels acceptable.

In UG nightcaps didn't feel acceptable?

What did you study at BYU?


you clearly don't understand the meaning of the word nightcap as I used it, but thanks for your hilarious joke.

User avatar
Drummingreg

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby Drummingreg » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:19 am

superserial wrote:
Drummingreg wrote:
superserial wrote:
quetzalcoatl wrote:Just wondering how much TLS drinks. Daily, weekly, monthly? I'm not the binge drinking type, but I probably have a beer or two most days (Its not alcoholsim unitll you graduate, right?) Anybody start drinking way more or way less after starting law school?


more often, but much less alcohol per drinking session. in law school the nightcap suddenly feels acceptable.

In UG nightcaps didn't feel acceptable?

What did you study at BYU?


you clearly don't understand the meaning of the word nightcap as I used it, but thanks for your hilarious joke.

night·cap
n.
1. A usually alcoholic drink taken just before bedtime.

Nope, pretty sure I got it. Unless you are talking about an actual hat...then we're on totally different pages.

User avatar
superserial

Bronze
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby superserial » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:26 am

nope, you didn't get it. now stop being a douchelord for the sake of being a douchelord.

swimbrad

Bronze
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:02 am

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby swimbrad » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:26 am

Drummingreg wrote:Nope, pretty sure I got it. Unless you are talking about an actual hat...then we're on totally different pages.

I actually lol'd at this... good one!

User avatar
Drummingreg

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby Drummingreg » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:54 am

superserial wrote:nope, you didn't get it.

So...it was a hat?

User avatar
mkirk3

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby mkirk3 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:59 am

Drummingreg wrote:
superserial wrote:nope, you didn't get it.

So...it was a hat?

I am also confused. Maybe because a nightcap is often scotch and many don't consume scotch until older/lawschool?

User avatar
superserial

Bronze
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby superserial » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:02 am

Drummingreg wrote:
superserial wrote:nope, you didn't get it.

So...it was a hat?


totally.

User avatar
quickquestionthanks

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby quickquestionthanks » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:38 am

mkirk3 wrote:
Drummingreg wrote:
superserial wrote:nope, you didn't get it.

So...it was a hat?

I am also confused. Maybe because a nightcap is often scotch and many don't consume scotch until older/lawschool?


I am thirdly confused. Although I drank scotch in UG, 6-7 nights a week beginning junior year. Less so now.

Edit: I think I get it. Yeah...in hindsight the BYU joke was a little non-sequitur and could lead to confusion over whether you got his original jist.

User avatar
newyorker88

Silver
Posts: 557
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby newyorker88 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:50 am

I don't drink.

User avatar
quetzalcoatl

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:23 am

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby quetzalcoatl » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:13 pm

newyorker88 wrote:I don't drink.


Well I wouldnt hit the pipe too hard in 1L.

User avatar
Grizz

Diamond
Posts: 10566
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 0L's and lots of beer!

Postby Grizz » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:29 pm

--ImageRemoved--



Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests