Buffalo vs. Albany?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
unclepaul

Buffalo vs. Albany?

Postby unclepaul » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Hey everyone, just looking for any feedback you can give me. Ive been accepted Albany and Buffalo and I'm trying to decide between the two. Buffalo is cheaper, better, and closer to where I live, however Albany is the place where I'd like to work after law school. Any suggestions?

Solerpower

Re: Buffalo vs. Albany?

Postby Solerpower » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:24 pm

unclepaul wrote:Hey everyone, just looking for any feedback you can give me. Ive been accepted Albany and Buffalo and I'm trying to decide between the two. Buffalo is cheaper, better, and closer to where I live, however Albany is the place where I'd like to work after law school. Any suggestions?

You basically answered your own question. Buffalo is cheaper, better, and closer to where you live. It will be the much better choice considering you may not have the ability to choose where you live no matter what school you choose.

Pick Buffalo.

reverendt

Re: Buffalo vs. Albany?

Postby reverendt » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Buffalo seems to be a more highly regarded school. All things being equal, I'd say go to Buffalo.

But what do you want to do in Albany? Government work? I think Albany law school might have some good connections to the state government.

As for private practice....look up a bunch of Albany law firms. If there's a decent amount of Buffalo grads, I'd say go to Buffalo...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”