Dropping a major last semester of 0L? (Help please!)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
burvowski

Dropping a major last semester of 0L? (Help please!)

Postby burvowski » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:40 pm

I'm finishing up my last semester of undergrad in two majors, Economics and Chinese. I've already been accepted into law school, and just paid my first deposit (that commits me) this week. If I were to drop my Chinese major this semester, would I still be accepted into law school? I just don't think, at this point, that I'm going to be able to pass this advanced-level language course, and since this course is essential to my major, I would not get the Chinese degree. I really feel like a failure right now, but if there's a chance that I would have to re-take and delay my entering law school, then I would rather just simply graduate with the economics degree. Is this a dumb idea? Should I just bear the rest of the semester and take the very good chance that I'll fail? I feel like I'm just enduring a needless amount of stress this last semester and my mind has been entirely on law school the past 6 months. Are there consequences from doing this I'm not seeing?

Cavalier

Re: Dropping a major last semester of 0L? (Help please!)

Postby Cavalier » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:46 pm

Call the law school (keep it anonymous) and find out for sure. I would think that as long as you acted in good faith when you listed your Chinese major (that is, you didn't list it knowing you were going to drop it), you will be fine. As long as you get your degree, it shouldn't matter how you get it. However, you don't want to find out the hard way.

burvowski

Postby burvowski » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:25 pm

I just realized this is probably not the most appropriate forum for this topic. Sorry about that. I guess it would make more sense to be in the admissions forum.

Grad_Student

Postby Grad_Student » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:51 pm

burvowski wrote:I just realized this is probably not the most appropriate forum for this topic. Sorry about that. I guess it would make more sense to be in the admissions forum.

It's cool, everyone has done it in the past. The mods will move it soon. Good luck.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”