send deposit while still waiting?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
peopleluvlaw

send deposit while still waiting?

Postby peopleluvlaw » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:47 pm

I have one deadline coming up for a RD admission and scholarship offers...but I still haven't heard from my top choice school yet. So how do people usually handle a situation like this? Is it really bad to make a deposit but decide not to go later?

Z3RO

Re: send deposit while still waiting?

Postby Z3RO » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:49 pm

I don't think there's really a 'right' or 'wrong' aspect to it. If it's worth it to you enough to possibly lose the deposit, then I say send it in.

This is a question of utility and whether it's worth it to you, not morality.

peopleluvlaw

Postby peopleluvlaw » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:27 pm

thanks for the reply! I think its definitely worth it to keep a seat in my safety school while waiting.. But I was just wondering would there be any repercussion for withdrawing after making the deposit?

cherryalamode

Postby cherryalamode » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:30 pm

peopleluvlaw wrote:thanks for the reply! I think its definitely worth it to keep a seat in my safety school while waiting.. But I was just wondering would there be any repercussion for withdrawing after making the deposit?

Not at all. People withdraw from a school all the way up until August. You may save seat for one school, then suddenly you're off a waitlist at your dream school. You can WD from one but you DO lose the money.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”