would you please review this LOCI?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
roecyris

would you please review this LOCI?

Postby roecyris » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:58 am

Hey guys, this is a letter of continued interest that I am planning on submitting to my top choice law school. I applied in late january, went complete on 2/3 and have yet to move into review. The reason I want to send this is that we are coming to the end of the cycle and I'd like the adcoms to know that I am still very very interested in this school and because I would hope it's a nice nudge for my application which I belive (numbers-wise) is just slightly lower than what they have been accepting. Please critique honestly and harshly.

[For the sake of annonyminity i removed the name of the school.]

To Whom It May Concern,

I've been to hundreds of less than exilherating lectures, speaches, conferences, and other gatherings concerned with Israel and Israel advocacy. Additionly I've been to countless anti-Israel demonstraitions, events, and protests to defend the opposing side. Lately they have recently struck me as mostly exercises in futility. It's not that they lack worthyness, it's mostly that they lack what is needed to actualy effect policy and action. This realiziation is what brought me to the decision that I wanted to go to law school and more specifically to the realization that the right law school for me, above all others, would be X LAW SCHOOL.

X LAW SCHOOL is the only school in the country that offers the right combonation of a strong International Law program, study abroad opportunity in Israel, and an LL.M in International Law. Primarily it is this reason that leads me to know that if accepted into X LAW SCHOOL I would walk, the very day I would be accepted, into X ADMISSIONS BUILDING with my seat deposite check.

Working to benefit the State of Israel from the United States is not just a hobby or passion, it is a burden that I have dedicated my life to. Part of that pledge is being a well trained lawyer with the proper tools which I believe can best be attained at X LAW SCHOOL.

I'm writing this letter, frankley, because I wanted it to be known that even though we are late in the 2009-2010 application cycle and other options are both opening and closing every day, I would glady accept an invitation to study, to excell, at X LAW SCHOOL should one be extended.

I ask that you please keep this promise and pledge in mind as my file eventually moves into the review process.

dudester

Re: would you please review this LOCI?

Postby dudester » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:32 am

--ImageRemoved--

oberlin08

Postby oberlin08 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:34 am

SPELL CHECK

roecyris

Postby roecyris » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:01 pm

oberlin08 wrote:SPELL CHECK

my b, i wrote it quickly this morning before i went to work. Here is the spell corrected version, any comments on the substance or style?

To Whom It May Concern,

I've been to hundreds of less than exhilarating lectures, speeches, conferences, and other gatherings concerned with Israel and Israel advocacy. Additionally I've been to countless anti-Israel demonstrations, events, and protests to defend the opposing side. Lately they have recently struck me as mostly exercises in futility. It's not that they lack worthiness, it's mostly that they lack what is needed to actually effect policy and action. This realization is what brought me to the decision that I wanted to go to law school and more specifically to the realization that the right law school for me, above all others, would be X LAW SCHOOL.

X LAW SCHOOL is the only school in the country that offers the right combination of a strong International Law program, study abroad opportunity in Israel, and an LL.M in International Law. Primarily it is this reason that leads me to know that if accepted into X LAW SCHOOL I would walk, the very day I would be accepted, into ADMISSIONS BUILDING with my seat deposit check.

Working to benefit the State of Israel from the United States is not just a hobby or passion, it is a burden that I have dedicated my life to. Part of that pledge is being a well trained lawyer with the proper tools which I believe can best be attained at X LAW SCHOOL.

I'm writing this letter, frankly, because I wanted it to be known that even though we are late in the 2009-2010 application cycle and other options are both opening and closing every day, I would gladly accept an invitation to study at X LAW SCHOOL should one be extended.

I ask that you please keep this promise and pledge in mind as my file eventually moves into the review process.

Thank You,
XXXXX XXXXXX; LSAC# XXXXXXX

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”