Wake Forest-Job Prospects?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
exitlane

Wake Forest-Job Prospects?

Postby exitlane » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:00 am

Seriously considering attending Wake Forest Law (full tuition) since it is the highest ranked school I have been accepted to so far. Overall, the highest ranked ranked school to probably accept me would be Indiana Bloomington/Iowa/Wisconsin/Ohio State and maybe WUSTL with no money. Oh yes, I am a URM. Any opinions about the career prospects out of Wake forest(essentially I just want a job)?

traehekat

Re: Wake Forest-Job Prospects?

Postby traehekat » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:39 am

exitlane wrote:Seriously considering attending Wake Forest Law (full tuition) since it is the highest ranked school I have been accepted to so far. Overall, the highest ranked ranked school to probably accept me would be Indiana Bloomington/Iowa/Wisconsin/Ohio State and maybe WUSTL with no money. Oh yes, I am a URM. Any opinions about the career prospects out of Wake forest(essentially I just want a job)?

Unless you really want to work in the Midwest/Chicago area, then I would take the full ride at Wake in a heart beat. However, if you received a full ride at Wake, I would imagine atleast IUB and OSU will throw some money at you. Job prospects are solid out of Wake - they have a great reputation in North Carolina and place well in NLJ 250 firms. They have also beefed up their clinical offerings in the last couple years to help cover what has traditionally been a weakness for them.

I'm also seriously considering Wake so I am just starting to do all the research myself. If anyone else has anything to add please do!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”