Can you back out of a deferral? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Apple Tree

Bronze

Can you back out of a deferral?

Post by Apple Tree » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:26 pm

I'm planning on applying for a one-year deferral at UVA. While the deferrals for enrollment are usually granted, the scholarship might not be. One of the main reasons for me to defer is to continue working and save more money in the deferring year. So if my scholarship doesn't get deferred, that defeats the purpose of deferring. Can I decide not to defer and enroll this year if they grant my enrollment deferral request but no the scholarship one? I was wondering if anybody had experience with this issue.

Flanker1067

Silver

Re: Can you back out of a deferral?

Post by Flanker1067 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:27 pm

Sorry I don't have an answer to the question, but can't you just say "I will only choose to defer if it includes the scholarship, please let me know if it wil...."?

Apple Tree

Bronze

Post by Apple Tree » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:29 pm

Flanker1067 wrote:Sorry I don't have an answer to the question, but can't you just say "I will only choose to defer if it includes the scholarship, please let me know if it wil...."?
Hmm, i guess it's a good way. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. Thanks!

actorlaw

New

Post by actorlaw » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:41 am

If Nancy Pelosi can issue the healthcare bill into law without a vote... you should be able to do this. Right???

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”