Applying on the deadline..

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
multi720

Applying on the deadline..

Postby multi720 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:43 am

After much deliberation on whether to wait until the next application cycle or not, I made a decision to submit applications on the day of the deadline (2/15), even though i knew that applying so late in the cycle would be really disadvantageous. And I went complete on the first week of March. As April is approaching I'm increasingly becoming paranoid and pathetic about my situation. I can imagine my file sitting in the bottom of the pile, not being reviewed on time.

I know acceptances are sent out in batches throughout the year, but are the majority of acceptances sent out in April like college acceptances are?

Should I just give up on this cycle and move on? I'm not talking about waiting for a decision here; I wish that was the only concern I had. I'm worried about the possibility that my application won't even have a chance to be reviewed by the adcomm because my file went complete so late in the cycle (March!)..

Kilpatrick

Re: Applying on the deadline..

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:09 am

I've never heard of an application not even being looked at. I don't think you have to worry about that. Just be prepared to get waitlisted at schools you most likely would have gotten accepted to if you had applied earlier.

adameus

Re: Applying on the deadline..

Postby adameus » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:42 pm

your file will get looked at unquestionably. You just better hope they have some spots left when they get to you :)

In all honesty, I think you will be fine, if you applied to schools that you should have a good chance of getting into, you should probably still get into those schools. If not accepted you should be near the top of the waitlist.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”