Does signing up for the October LSAT affect waitlisting?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Stevematic

Does signing up for the October LSAT affect waitlisting?

Postby Stevematic » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:14 am

Will this affect my status with a law school school if I sign up for the LSAT? I'm not assured a spot there and I feel I could do better if I applied earlier. However, if I do get accepted I wouldn't mind going there, so I wouldn't want to mess up my chances. So my question is will the school not accept me if I sign up for the test again.

qualster

Re: Does signing up for the October LSAT affect waitlisting?

Postby qualster » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:48 am

Stevematic wrote:Will this affect my status with a law school school if I sign up for the LSAT? I'm not assured a spot there and I feel I could do better if I applied earlier. However, if I do get accepted I wouldn't mind going there, so I wouldn't want to mess up my chances. So my question is will the school not accept me if I sign up for the test again.

Awesome post. Ha ha ha.

Stevematic

Postby Stevematic » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:02 am

qualster wrote:
Stevematic wrote:Will this affect my status with a law school school if I sign up for the LSAT? I'm not assured a spot there and I feel I could do better if I applied earlier. However, if I do get accepted I wouldn't mind going there, so I wouldn't want to mess up my chances. So my question is will the school not accept me if I sign up for the test again.

Awesome post. Ha ha ha.

:|

I'm lost.

Right now I'm waitlisted for the the Fall 2010 term at a school, so I think if I took this Fall's LSAT I might be able to get into better schools. If the school accepted me this April, I would want to go there. Will signing up for the LSAT affect my status at all?

Sorry if this is a dumb question :(

qualster

Postby qualster » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:14 am

Stevematic wrote:
qualster wrote:

Awesome post. Ha ha ha.

:|

I'm lost.

Right now I'm waitlisted for the the Fall 2010 term at a school, so I think if I took this Fall's LSAT I might be able to get into better schools. If the school accepted me this April, I would want to go there. Will signing up for the LSAT affect my status at all?

Sorry if this is a dumb question :(

Hmm. I'd wait until late August to sign up. Seriously bro, you don't need to rush to sign up for this test.

Stevematic

Postby Stevematic » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:16 am

Isn't August a bit short notice? The center where I would be most comfortable taking the LSAT fills up pretty quickly.

qualster

Postby qualster » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:25 am

Stevematic wrote:Isn't August a bit short notice? The center where I would be most comfortable taking the LSAT fills up pretty quickly.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that might be an issue. Anybody else want to weigh in?

Test centers in my area don't really fill up. Sorry about that. I was wondering why you were considering signing up so soon.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”