VENTING THREAD FOR THOSE STILL WAITING...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
trialjunky

Re: VENTING THREAD FOR THOSE STILL WAITING...

Postby trialjunky » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:59 am

Almost died! I got the thinnest envelope from GSU yesterday in my mailbox and I immediately thought "ding." Luckily, it was just talking about my financial aid and advised me where I could find my summary, it was followed by ANOTHER thin letter from GSU which I was sure was going to be an epic fail letter and it just stated that it required me to be admitted into the school for me to be able to use my financial aid next year...duh!

GSU, give me an answer one way or the other!

billbraski2013

Postby billbraski2013 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:01 pm

They should have a deadline, not including the first day of class, that is like signing day in college football. Then they could make offers and get commits, but at least there would be a deadline.

PS: still waiting... Due to some posters that have called the school I'm trying to get into, I think i will hear something sometime next week.

I hope its not a waitlist. I would rather be denied than have to keep waiting. Please don't be a waitlist...

sunshinefairy

Postby sunshinefairy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:20 pm

I haven't gotten on any waitlists, but everything is still pending? Is it because I applied so late (Jan/early Feb)?

blue5385

Postby blue5385 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:55 pm

Held at Harvard today = more waiting. SWEET. :roll:

cjgabbard

Postby cjgabbard » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:09 am

jellopuddingpops wrote:USD please hurry the f*ck up

+1. I have been complete since November, and they are my top choice and the only school I am waiting to hear from.

pleasepickme

Postby pleasepickme » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:46 pm

What frustrates me is that we PAY these people to review our applications and give us decisions. I've heard stories that Stanford sometimes doesn't tell people until June!! That's ridiculous!!! I agree, we should all have a firm deadline, say April 10, by which all schools have to send out decisions. Then there should be a standardized deadline for financial aid packages to go out, like April 20, and a standard deposit deadline, like May 1. That way, we definitely have all of our information with a few weeks to ponder our options in a tangible way.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”