VENTING THREAD FOR THOSE STILL WAITING... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
billbraski2013

New

VENTING THREAD FOR THOSE STILL WAITING...

Post by billbraski2013 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:55 pm

This is a thread for those that are still waiting on the school or schools they really want to get into and have yet to hear anything. This also means that you are like me, and probably have somewhere between 25-75 percent (or better, or any) chance of getting in. This obviously makes the wait even harder. To the thread that asked which is worse, waiting for lsat score or admission's decision, I am now very confident in my decision that it is without a doubt the admission's decision because at least with the lsat, we know a close approximate date. However, with an admissions decision, the date could span months, and even then, you could be waitlisted. Knowing the obvious probable outcome, I have hopelessly continued to check every possible outlet for new information on my admissions decision everyday.

This is my first time on TLS, and I hope you guys and gals will give everyone some interesting posts to pass this agonizing waiting period.

If you have already got your decision, Congratulations! Go start your own thread......

kswiss

Bronze

Re: VENTING THREAD FOR THOSE STILL WAITING...

Post by kswiss » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:49 pm

I'm in the same boat. I have had many decisions, but I can't make a real choice of where to go until I hear from the rest of the schools. I'm happy enough with my cycle so far, but my reaches are 1 reject, 2 WL, and 3 waiting. Its an unwanted distraction right now.

sunshinefairy

Bronze

Post by sunshinefairy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Welcome! I encourage you to also search for the "In at Nowhere Group" - they are great and share similar sentiments.

I got into my two safes (one with $), but still haven't heard from my top two choices...or any of my reaches. I'm obsessively compulsively checking gmail, application status checker, and this forum to get any heads up on "batches" of acceptances getting released from schools.

Let's stay positive though - we will get into the right school for us! We just have to stay hopeful and know we did the best we could do.
Last edited by sunshinefairy on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hermione0901

New

Post by hermione0901 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:15 pm

Yeah, still no decision from my top choice school. They've had my application since November....

kevin261186

Bronze

Post by kevin261186 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:16 pm

applied to three schools mid jan. heard nothing from any of them. fml

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

billbraski2013

New

Post by billbraski2013 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:30 pm

i should have titled this thread fml.

kaydish21

Bronze

Post by kaydish21 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:32 pm

I applied to 14 schools, got accepted into 2 and have 4 waitlists right now all early to mid January. Have 2 deadlines coming up and am 90% sure I am going to send in a deposit with a decent chance of going somewhere else in the fall. smh

ryguy

Bronze

Post by ryguy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:35 pm

Still waiting on 5. It's so annoying.

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:58 pm

I applied to 20 schools. I got rejected from about a third. waitlisted at about a third and accepted in to a few. I am still waiting on four schools. Two of them (Stanford and NYU) are ranked alongside my reject schools. Two (Duke and Cornell) are among my waitlist crowd. I basically can't make any decisions until I hear from them. I got into a few very good schools outside the T-14 but I haven't broken through that imaginary barrier yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:02 pm

I feel like I'm waiting for a grade for a test on which I know I did not do well. I still want to see my grade, but at the same time I don't so I can continue hoping for a miracle.

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:04 pm

Applied to 19, just one left thankfully. Why the last hold out is taking so long is beyond me though. I applied to all of my schools in November.
Last edited by holydonkey on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ihurtmyselftoday

New

Post by ihurtmyselftoday » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Applied to 9 in late Nov/early Dec.

3 Acceptances
2 Dings
1 Hold
1 Hold-to-Waitlist (most aggravating)
2 No word yet beyond the "You're application is complete" email.

I don't understand how schools can go this long without giving you any word whatsoever. Don't the adcomms know that we have to make decisions in April?!

Puffy

New

Post by Puffy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:46 pm

I am not actually venting because I did get into my top choice, but all the same it is perplexing that four of the eleven schools I applied to has yet to render a decision or even send a single communication; these are: Duke, USC, UCLA, and NYU. Not a word from any of them since November when I went complete, and when I emailed them two weeks ago only USC got back to me to tell me to check online.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jellopuddingpops

New

Post by jellopuddingpops » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:56 pm

USD please hurry the f*ck up

parker09

Bronze

Post by parker09 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:41 am

Puffy wrote:I am not actually venting because I did get into my top choice, but all the same it is perplexing that four of the eleven schools I applied to has yet to render a decision or even send a single communication; these are: Duke, USC, UCLA, and NYU. Not a word from any of them since November when I went complete, and when I emailed them two weeks ago only USC got back to me to tell me to check online.
Glad to hear other people are frustrated with UCLA and NYU too... they (and stanford, but that's not unexpected) are the only schools I have not heard a peep from (not even a hold) since going complete in OCTOBER.

ihurtmyselftoday

New

Post by ihurtmyselftoday » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:14 pm

+1 for UCLA. I'm sending an email today.

newyorklaw23

New

Post by newyorklaw23 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:47 pm

I've had the most bizarre cycle, which i expected as a URM, but just to give you an idea I was rejected from GW in about 3 weeks, and am currently on the Preferred Waitlist at Georgetown. Radio silence right now from NYU, Columbia, Chicago and several others. I don't necessarily expect to get in, but you can't quite sleep comfortably until you've heard from your reaches.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Flanker1067

Silver

Post by Flanker1067 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:51 pm

Haha I have been thinking how ridiculous it is to complain about waiting, when I know there are people who have been waiting much longer. But, since this thread is started I will come out and say I am pissed that 3 of my top 4 choices have not said a damn thing to me (and the other was a ding, damn hippies), and it is annoying because I am in at another great option that I would be fine going to if the others would reject me already!

Edit: ^^^ Obviously I am staying positive.

iminlstrick

Bronze

Post by iminlstrick » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Still waiting on my top two. Submitted in Sept/Oct. Not a peep from one of them. FML.

Flanker1067

Silver

Post by Flanker1067 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:56 pm

iminlstrick wrote:Still waiting on my top two. Submitted in Sept/Oct. Not a peep from one of them. FML.
That is brutal. But you also have good choices, including my top one. Congrats anyways.

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:58 pm

I called Stanford and NYU to ask about the GI Bill. While I had them on the line I asked if I got in. They looked me up and said I am still "in committee." So at least my two top schools haven't rejected me. But, come on NYU I completed the app in November. Just say yes already.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:08 pm

ihurtmyselftoday wrote:Applied to 9 in late Nov/early Dec.

3 Acceptances
2 Dings
1 Hold
1 Hold-to-Waitlist (most aggravating)
2 No word yet beyond the "You're application is complete" email.

I don't understand how schools can go this long without giving you any word whatsoever. Don't the adcomms know that we have to make decisions in April?!
Agree, its torture

8 Acceptances
1 Dings
2 Waitlist
2 No word yet beyond the "You're application is complete" email

:cry:

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:51 pm

I only have one school left to hear from: Harvard. I have no shot in hell at getting in, so I don't know why they don't just send me a rejection email. It would take 5 seconds of their time, but would give me peace of mind to know my cycle is finally over. Come on HLS, put me out of my misery.

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 pm

2 acceptances
8 WLs, 2 holds, 2 pending, any of which I'd take over my best acceptance. Applied in November. Going absolutely nuts.

Z3RO

Silver

Post by Z3RO » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:44 pm

I'm actually in nowhere.
3 wait/hold
2 pending (but might as well be wait list)
2 reject

It kinda makes things easier, since I don't have a seat deposit deadline...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”