I need a list of 4 tier school that might take have me?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dani

I need a list of 4 tier school that might take have me?

Postby Dani » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:19 pm

I am not asking this question to hear lectures or how much better most of you have it. Don't give me advice that I didn't ask you for. And please don't make smart remarks and go into tangents.

I took the LSAT and though I have been doing way better in practice tests, SH%$ happens. I got a 137. I graduated with a degree in international relations from the US 2.98 GPA. I have many extra curricular/community services on my resume. I was very involved in clubs during my undergrad. English is my second language.

Can you please provide me with a list of bottom 4 tier schools or whatever law schools you know of that have taken people with scores in the 30s. I know about cooley can you suggest more schools please? and if you know a friend who knows a friend who got in with credentials similar or worse than mine please let me know.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this :)

Kohinoor

Re: I need a list of 4 tier school that might take have me?

Postby Kohinoor » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:http://www.peoplescollegeoflaw.edu/

The saddest link of all.

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:30 pm

I honestly don't think any fully accredited law school will accept you. Your LSAT is just too low to consider for any school with any sort of reputation. I think you're looking at some kind of online school, or a non-accredited law school. The obvious solution would be to retake the LSAT, but since English isn't your first language, I don't know how doing more preparation would help if you are struggling with the language itself. Your GPA isn't as horrible as it may seem, but the LSAT is going to keep you from going anywhere worth going, that's for sure.

amputatedbrain

Postby amputatedbrain » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
Kobe_Teeth wrote:http://www.peoplescollegeoflaw.edu/

The saddest link of all.

Wow, the mayor of Los Angeles is a People's College of Law grad . . . he also failed the bar exam 4 times and never passed it though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Vi ... sonal_life

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:37 pm

Here is the list:
1. Don't go to law school

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:43 pm

Dani wrote:I am not asking this question to hear lectures or how much better most of you have it. Don't give me advice that I didn't ask you for. And please don't make smart remarks and go into tangents.

I took the LSAT and though I have been doing way better in practice tests, SH%$ happens. I got a 137. I graduated with a degree in international relations from the US 2.98 GPA. I have many extra curricular/community services on my resume. I was very involved in clubs during my undergrad. English is my second language.

Can you please provide me with a list of bottom 4 tier schools or whatever law schools you know of that have taken people with scores in the 30s. I know about cooley can you suggest more schools please? and if you know a friend who knows a friend who got in with credentials similar or worse than mine please let me know.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this :)

I know you don't want advice and you don't want to hear this but.....you need to either retake or consider something besides law school. Your GPA will not hold you back from attending some great law schools, your current LSAT score will. Extra-curriculars, community services, and clubs only matter to a very small extent for law school admissions. LSAT is the key ingredient, with GPA second. If you want to go to law school, please strongly consider retaking.

orphanarium

Postby orphanarium » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:43 pm

Last edited by orphanarium on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:44 pm

the syntax fail in the thread title is fucking hilarious given that itt we are talking about ttt schools.

mb88

Postby mb88 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:43 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:syntax fail

The sign of the TTT.

Seriously though, OP...I don't mean to be insulting, but you couldn't even title your post properly. What makes you think that you can practice the law in English? You could very well be a highly intelligent person, and if that's the case I advise you to consider becoming a lawyer in a country that speaks your native language. You're just not ready to practice in English.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”