Decision Help Please! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
merryo

New

Decision Help Please!

Post by merryo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Ok, so I first need to say that I didn't really know what I was doing throughout the admissions process. I didn't think I was going to get in very many places and I ended up applying to schools I knew and ones that gave me fee waivers. It ended up being 15 schools, with 8 of them being fee waivers.

So I need help evaluating the schools I have been accepted to. I am still waiting on decisions from my top 3 schools, but these are the ones I have been admitted to so far.

1. University of Maryland (43)
2. University of Houston Law Center (59)
3. Brooklyn Law School (61)
4. Temple University School of Law (65)
5. Penn State University School of Law (65)
6. Baylor University School of Law (65)
7. Loyola Law School (LA), Loyola Marymount University (71)
8. University of New Mexico School of Law (77)
9. Loyola University Chicago School of Law (83)
10. St. John’s University Law School (87)
11. DePaul University College of Law (87)
12. Michigan State University College of Law (NR)

My main goal is to attend the law school that will allow me the most flexibility in terms of geographic placement in my career and, of course, offer me the most job prospects period.

Any help evaluating these schools would be helpful!

newyorklaw23

New

Re: Decision Help Please!

Post by newyorklaw23 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:46 pm

It seems like you're trying to compare a lot of schools that are not really comparable. All these schools are strongly regional, and though one might give you better prospects in a particular region than another, none will give you truly national placement (in this economy, very few schools do). If you're picking from amongst this group, pick based off of where you would most like to practice.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”