necessary to write resume on the apps even though attachment

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dudnaito

necessary to write resume on the apps even though attachment

Postby dudnaito » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:30 pm

sorry for the crummy title. What i meant to say is that just about all of the schools have the resume section on the primary application. Just wondering if it's necessary to write anything down considering my resume is electronically attached anyway.

sapp

Re: necessary to write resume on the apps even though attachment

Postby sapp » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:34 pm

Complete the section on the app and attach the resume unless it specifically says "Or attach a resume" in which case you can feel free to put something like "See attached resume"

dudnaito

Postby dudnaito » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:51 pm

isn't this just horribly redundant though?

Obviously, for those of us who have been out of school for awhile, the small portion of space they give is barely enough to fit in a third.

sapp

Postby sapp » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:59 pm

dudnaito wrote:isn't this just horribly redundant though?

Obviously, for those of us who have been out of school for awhile, the small portion of space they give is barely enough to fit in a third.

Yes. But it's also following the directions. And even though it is repetitive and time consuming (and seemingly pointless) it is what they want.

If you want them to give you what you want (an acceptance and $$) give them what they want (lots of information) even if it seems stupid to you.

forty-two

Postby forty-two » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:24 pm

dudnaito wrote:sorry for the crummy title. What i meant to say is that just about all of the schools have the resume section on the primary application. Just wondering if it's necessary to write anything down considering my resume is electronically attached anyway.

Why don't you just call the school and ask? Most schools will probably want you to write everything down even if it is redundant, but some might tell you to write "see resume" on those parts of the application.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”