Could somebody calculate this for me?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pattymac
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:44 pm

Could somebody calculate this for me?

Postby pattymac » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:56 pm

If I have a 2.6 GPA with 39 credits and I take 23 credits and maintain a 4.0 average...what will my final average be?

Before I get torched for this, I'm thinking about taking a paralegal course at a CC...a 4.0= 80% mark.

Also, I'm one credit shy of an undergraduate degree. Does my LSDAS gPA close when I finnish this credit or when I apply to graduate?

Sorry, I have no idea how to calculate this since my school works on a different grading scale than the CC I'm going to. FTR, my average is an 8.0 on a scale of 13. The CC I'd be going to would calculate GPA on a 4.0 scale.

User avatar
JustDude
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: Could somebody calculate this for me?

Postby JustDude » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:32 pm

pattymac wrote:If I have a 2.6 GPA with 39 credits and I take 23 credits and maintain a 4.0 average...what will my final average be?
Before I get torched for this, I'm thinking about taking a paralegal course at a CC...a 4.0= 80% mark.

Also, I'm one credit shy of an undergraduate degree. Does my LSDAS gPA close when I finnish this credit or when I apply to graduate?

Sorry, I have no idea how to calculate this since my school works on a different grading scale than the CC I'm going to. FTR, my average is an 8.0 on a scale of 13. The CC I'd be going to would calculate GPA on a 4.0 scale.


I donno. But if you grandmother had a dick with balls and chesthair, It would be fair to call her grandfather

HyeMart
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Re: Could somebody calculate this for me?

Postby HyeMart » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:35 pm

what sort of family do you have there buddy :|

User avatar
pleasetryagain
Posts: 762
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:04 am

Re: Could somebody calculate this for me?

Postby pleasetryagain » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:35 pm

JustDude wrote:
pattymac wrote:If I have a 2.6 GPA with 39 credits and I take 23 credits and maintain a 4.0 average...what will my final average be?
Before I get torched for this, I'm thinking about taking a paralegal course at a CC...a 4.0= 80% mark.

Also, I'm one credit shy of an undergraduate degree. Does my LSDAS gPA close when I finnish this credit or when I apply to graduate?

Sorry, I have no idea how to calculate this since my school works on a different grading scale than the CC I'm going to. FTR, my average is an 8.0 on a scale of 13. The CC I'd be going to would calculate GPA on a 4.0 scale.


I donno. But if you grandmother had a dick with balls and chesthair, It would be fair to call her grandfather


titcr

User avatar
Hattori Hanzo
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Could somebody calculate this for me?

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:38 pm

Your GPA will be ~3.12
Once you get your undergrad degree, it's over. Whatever classes you take after that, even a 2nd degree won't count.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: Could somebody calculate this for me?

Postby im_blue » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:04 pm

(2.6*39 + 4.0*23) / (39 + 23) = 3.12
Your LSAC GPA is finalized when you get your first bachelor's degree, not when you finish all the credits for it (how would LSAC even know or care about this?).

pattymac
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: Could somebody calculate this for me?

Postby pattymac » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Thanks HH. So, once I take that 40th class, its over right? I should just do this program, then go back to my UG and get that last credit, right?

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19639
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: Could somebody calculate this for me?

Postby dailygrind » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:19 pm

How are you going to graduate with 62 credits? I'm guessing you've got some other credits somewhere, and LSAC's probs gonna want some grades for those.

User avatar
Hattori Hanzo
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Could somebody calculate this for me?

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:23 pm

pattymac wrote:Thanks HH. So, once I take that 40th class, its over right? I should just do this program, then go back to my UG and get that last credit, right?


Yes. You can take classes elsewhere or other classes at your UG institution, as long as you save that last class and take it when you're done with everything else. Every class that you take before officially graduating will count in your UGPA calculation.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: Could somebody calculate this for me?

Postby im_blue » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:31 pm

pattymac wrote:Thanks HH. So, once I take that 40th class, its over right? I should just do this program, then go back to my UG and get that last credit, right?

That depends on your UG policies. Some places like large state schools require you to graduate as soon as the degree requirements are done, while others don't care when you apply to graduate, within reason. Regardless, your LSAC GPA stops when you get your diploma, not when the 40th class is finished.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 6 guests