Senior Year GPA??? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gatorbait

New

Senior Year GPA???

Post by gatorbait » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:04 pm

Usually most apps are complete by late fall, but does one's senior year fall semester of GPA factor in to the LSAC GPA at all?...or are decisions made with the first 3 years of undergrad GPA, and the last 2 (senior) semesters serve as the "send us your final grades to make sure you're not failing miserably"

hopefullaw27

Bronze

Re: Senior Year GPA???

Post by hopefullaw27 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:08 pm

gatorbait wrote:Usually most apps are complete by late fall, but does one's senior year fall semester of GPA factor in to the LSAC GPA at all?...or are decisions made with the first 3 years of undergrad GPA, and the last 2 (senior) semesters serve as the "send us your final grades to make sure you're not failing miserably"
some schools will ask you for an updated transcript after your fall semester before making a decision. so to answer your question, yes, senior year fall does matter. plus it can potentially get you off waitlists if you do well...don't start taking basket weaving just yet...

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:33 pm

gatorbait wrote:Usually most apps are complete by late fall, but does one's senior year fall semester of GPA factor in to the LSAC GPA at all?...or are decisions made with the first 3 years of undergrad GPA, and the last 2 (senior) semesters serve as the "send us your final grades to make sure you're not failing miserably"
This, except spring semester is rarely counted. Your LSAC GPA counts up to the last transcript you send in, which could be after 6, 7, or 8 semesters.

sch6les

New

Post by sch6les » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:13 am

Last edited by sch6les on Tue May 01, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sch6les

New

Post by sch6les » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Last edited by sch6les on Tue May 01, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eye

Bronze

Post by eye » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Another question, will law schools ask to see your final transcript when determining merit aid/ scholarship awards?

jhspaybar

New

Post by jhspaybar » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm on the other side, I went to a UC school as a freshman, spent 2 quarters and had a 2.3 GPA. After withdrawing for years and returning, I'm now frantically trying to continue getting straight A's, and I really WANT my senior year grades to count. So much so, I'm actually contemplating applying to law school a year after I graduate just so I have all those grades! Would this make sense in my case? Or should I just stay on course to apply during my senior year?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”