JD/MA?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Big Dog

JD/MA?

Postby Big Dog » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:49 pm

I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Question: I see that many law schools also mention their other grad divisions, including T-14's such as Duke, Michigan, Chicago...

Any TLS'ers in joint programs? How is it working for you?

What are the considerations of applying to both the JD and MA? Does the LS even care? Is it a small plus for LS admissions? Or, can it be a negative to the LS because they might surmise that you really aren't necessarily interested in the law?

Thanks for any insights.

TaipeiMort

Re: JD/MA?

Postby TaipeiMort » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:48 am

Big Dog wrote:I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Question: I see that many law schools also mention their other grad divisions, including T-14's such as Duke, Michigan, Chicago...

Any TLS'ers in joint programs? How is it working for you?

What are the considerations of applying to both the JD and MA? Does the LS even care? Is it a small plus for LS admissions? Or, can it be a negative to the LS because they might surmise that you really aren't necessarily interested in the law?

Thanks for any insights.

I'm seriously considering doing a JD/ AM of International Relations at Chicago. However, I plan to just wait until my second year to apply. It only takes an extra quarter to complete.

I don't think most law schools care if you plan to do a joint degree program. However, it may give them a more comprehensive understanding of your personal interests. But thats about it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”