Graduating in August?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bagosian

Graduating in August?

Postby bagosian » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:09 pm

So in order to complete my degree I need to complete 2 courses in the Summer semester. The courses will finish in late July and grades will be posted in August.

I've already applied to schools for the Fall 2010 term (starting in August), would it be a problem if it takes my degree an extra month to get printed up/processed?

My faculty has given me a grad pending letter (saying I will be complete courses towards my degree in August), would that be enough for schools to let me matriculate if they accept me?

r6_philly

Re: Graduating in August?

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:19 pm

If your degree/graduation date is aug. you shouldn't have problems. I'm the same and no issues so far.

bagosian

Postby bagosian » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:36 pm

r6_philly wrote:If your degree/graduation date is aug. you shouldn't have problems. I'm the same and no issues so far.

Do you know when you'll have a hard copy of your degree in hand? My school told me they can confirm graduation in August as soon as grades are in, but the actual degree won't be ready until November. Is that a problem for schools? Or is a letter saying I've graduated enough?

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:45 pm

You should contact law schools before putting deposits down. Most, if not all, require final transcripts to be received before the first day of classes or orientation.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:45 pm

I don't think you need the paper. School cert. showing you cleared all the holds and repuirements should be enough. I'm not due my diploma til Nov. (12 weeks)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”