Help! Baylor/Case Western/Denver/Seton Hall

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jen_said
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Help! Baylor/Case Western/Denver/Seton Hall

Postby jen_said » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:52 pm

Baylor with $18,000 / year (and a GPA requirement that apparently hard to maintain)

Case Western with $20,000 / year

Denver with $22,000/year

Seton Hall with $35,000 / year (I would only have to pay $8,000/year - if I could make it through 3 years in Newark.)

Also, does anyone know anything about transferring? I've been wait listed to Wake Forest and American and I REALLY want to graduate from a tier 1 school.

Thanks!

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: Help! Baylor/Case Western/Denver/Seton Hall

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:39 pm

jen_said wrote:Baylor with $18,000 / year (and a GPA requirement that apparently hard to maintain)

Case Western with $20,000 / year

Denver with $22,000/year

Seton Hall with $35,000 / year (I would only have to pay $8,000/year - if I could make it through 3 years in Newark.)

Also, does anyone know anything about transferring? I've been wait listed to Wake Forest and American and I REALLY want to graduate from a tier 1 school.

Thanks!


Where do you want to work? What do you want to do? Also, don't fret about the magical Tier 1.

American is an awful deal at sticker.

Seton Hall is decent because of the money. Case has a wider regional reach than the others. Denver is in a great city and does well, but ONLY in Colorado. It entirely depends upon what you want to do and where. Baylor is very, very conservative. I don't know if that matters to you, but it's just something.

jen_said
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Re: Help! Baylor/Case Western/Denver/Seton Hall

Postby jen_said » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:33 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:
jen_said wrote:Baylor with $18,000 / year (and a GPA requirement that apparently hard to maintain)

Case Western with $20,000 / year

Denver with $22,000/year

Seton Hall with $35,000 / year (I would only have to pay $8,000/year - if I could make it through 3 years in Newark.)

Also, does anyone know anything about transferring? I've been wait listed to Wake Forest and American and I REALLY want to graduate from a tier 1 school.

Thanks!


Where do you want to work? What do you want to do? Also, don't fret about the magical Tier 1.

American is an awful deal at sticker.

Seton Hall is decent because of the money. Case has a wider regional reach than the others. Denver is in a great city and does well, but ONLY in Colorado. It entirely depends upon what you want to do and where. Baylor is very, very conservative. I don't know if that matters to you, but it's just something.


I don't really know where I want to work, but I would like to do something with public interest (which is why Seton Hall would be great). I don't know if I want to be "stuck" in Colorado (I'm from NY). And I'm liberal.... but you can learn the most from the opposition, right?

Thanks for your response!

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Help! Baylor/Case Western/Denver/Seton Hall

Postby keg411 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:32 pm

jen_said wrote:I don't really know where I want to work, but I would like to do something with public interest (which is why Seton Hall would be great). I don't know if I want to be "stuck" in Colorado (I'm from NY). And I'm liberal.... but you can learn the most from the opposition, right?

Thanks for your response!


PI = Seton Hall, since you want to have as little debt as possible. (BTW, does that scholarship have a grade stip on it?)

Fark-o-vision
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: Help! Baylor/Case Western/Denver/Seton Hall

Postby Fark-o-vision » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Seton Hall is in New Jersey, so...don't go there.

User avatar
creamedcats
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:44 am

Re: Help! Baylor/Case Western/Denver/Seton Hall

Postby creamedcats » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:23 am

I'd say this is between Seton Hall and Case Western unless you want to go to very regional schools not in 'your' region. Seton Hall is a good deal for you but it doesn't place many lawyers into PI jobs, and most people end up around NY/NJ afterwards, which might be okay for you, you can compare them all here: http://www.nalplawschoolsonline.org/

Kat.Ander
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: Help! Baylor/Case Western/Denver/Seton Hall

Postby Kat.Ander » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:30 am

Don't go to Denver. Their legal market is not doing well and DU grads are having a rough time of it. I'm probably going to Case so that would be recommendation because I don't know much about the others.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: freekick and 7 guests