Additional Supporting Documentation

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
barracudasix

Additional Supporting Documentation

Postby barracudasix » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:12 am

What are everyone's opinions on sending in additional supporting documentation to schools you are waitlisted for and for schools you're simply waiting for?

For instance, I recently completed a TESOL training course (I'm an ESL teacher) and am considering sending in a PDF of my cert ("Hey, look what I've been up to in my spare time").

I was also thinking about sending in something to further elucidate my 'extracurriculars'. I have been involved in a lot of theatre, and could send them a theatrical resume ("This is the extent to which I have been involved...").

Good idea? Bad idea? I have come up with plenty of arguments for both sides...would love to hear yours!

Mattalones

Re: Additional Supporting Documentation

Postby Mattalones » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:16 am

barracudasix wrote:What are everyone's opinions on sending in additional supporting documentation to schools you are waitlisted for and for schools you're simply waiting for?

For instance, I recently completed a TESOL training course (I'm an ESL teacher) and am considering sending in a PDF of my cert ("Hey, look what I've been up to in my spare time").

I was also thinking about sending in something to further elucidate my 'extracurriculars'. I have been involved in a lot of theatre, and could send them a theatrical resume ("This is the extent to which I have been involved...").

Good idea? Bad idea? I have come up with plenty of arguments for both sides...would love to hear yours!

Things like this don't hurt. If they have an affect, it will be positive at least because you are showing interest in the school. It really only ends up being some lady (or guy) printing out what you send them and slipping it into a hanging folder somewhere. Don't trip about sending anything.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”