Question about ASW

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
corporatelaw87

Question about ASW

Postby corporatelaw87 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:40 am

So I have an ASW coming up and during the session there are different classes/presentations you can attend. Do you think it would be better to attend mock classes, or focus on presentationS on for example, financial aid, career prospects, curriculum, moot court, etc?

corporatelaw87

Re: Question about ASW

Postby corporatelaw87 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:15 am

BUMP

FlightoftheEarls

Re: Question about ASW

Postby FlightoftheEarls » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:14 am

corporatelaw87 wrote:So I have an ASW coming up and during the session there are different classes/presentations you can attend. Do you think it would be better to attend mock classes, or focus on presentationS on for example, financial aid, career prospects, curriculum, moot court, etc?

I would suggest attending the mock class for sure (they tend to be rather interesting, and just a good idea in general) and then hit whatever presentations you find particularly interesting. At most of these, missing the presentation isn't the end of the world since there are other opportunities to get or ask about the information (even if that means stopping by career services directly, or the financial aid office, etc).

If there are several mock classes, which is what your post seems to suggest, I'd try to decide if there's anything more I'd gain (in terms of getting an idea of what a law school class looks like) from attending multiple classes that I wouldn't get from just one. I don't think there is, but go for it if that makes you feel more comfortable.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”