Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
mpasi
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby mpasi » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:08 am

How can find out which schools give more consideration to LSAT scores than they do with GPAs. I'm asking for obvious reasons. :D

hotdoglaw
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 am

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby hotdoglaw » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:14 am

dude, emory.

hotdoglaw
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 am

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby hotdoglaw » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:15 am

I misread the question; http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby $1.99 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:16 am

columbia comes to mind

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby hannah87 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:16 am

nyu

User avatar
mpasi
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby mpasi » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:19 am

Any schools in the lower T1?

hotdoglaw
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 am

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby hotdoglaw » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:20 am

mpasi wrote:Any schools in the lower T1?

I don't understand why you don't just go to LSN.com and look at where you stand at schools you are interested in.

User avatar
mpasi
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby mpasi » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:24 am

hotdoglaw wrote:
mpasi wrote:Any schools in the lower T1?

I don't understand why you don't just go to LSN.com and look at where you stand at schools you are interested in.



Because I'm lazy. Also, LSN isn't as reliable as you think it is. People lie, ya know. :P

User avatar
faceman9000
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:34 am

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby faceman9000 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:26 am

I'm thinking of every school ever...

Really though, if you have one number at or above the 75th and the other very near or at the median, you'll compete at most schools.

hotdoglaw
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 am

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby hotdoglaw » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:29 am

mpasi wrote:
hotdoglaw wrote:
mpasi wrote:Any schools in the lower T1?

I don't understand why you don't just go to LSN.com and look at where you stand at schools you are interested in.



Because I'm lazy. Also, LSN isn't as reliable as you think it is. People lie, ya know. :P

I just think you are being a little too vague to expect valuable help. How high is your LSAT? How low is your gpa? Where would you like to practice? Give a little more info, get a little more advice. ya, dig?

lawduder
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 am

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby lawduder » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:31 am

generally speaking...
if above 75th LSAT and below 25th GPA - chance of getting in
if above 75th GPA and below 25th LSAT - not a very good chance of getting in

most schools value your LSAT over your GPA

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby r6_philly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:36 am

mpasi wrote:
Because I'm lazy. Also, LSN isn't as reliable as you think it is. People lie, ya know. :P


Somehow anonymous people on internet forums with no stats posted are more reliable?

User avatar
mpasi
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby mpasi » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:40 am

lawduder wrote:generally speaking...
if above 75th LSAT and below 25th GPA - chance of getting in
if above 75th GPA and below 25th LSAT - not a very good chance of getting in

most schools value your LSAT over your GPA



Thanks.

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby $1.99 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:40 am

go to law school predictor and it has weights for all schools given to LSAT and GPA

User avatar
BigA
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:22 am

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby BigA » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:52 am

$1.99 wrote:go to law school predictor and it has weights for all schools given to LSAT and GPA


Is that the LSAT/ GPA column? I've always wondered exactly how to interpret that. Could someone explain?

User avatar
BigA
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:22 am

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby BigA » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:03 pm

BigA wrote:
$1.99 wrote:go to law school predictor and it has weights for all schools given to LSAT and GPA


Is that the LSAT/ GPA column? I've always wondered exactly how to interpret that. Could someone explain?


Since no one answered should I assume that it's as obvious as it looks -- that the number in that column is a ratio of the importance of LSAT/GPA?? That just doesn't seem right to me. Some schools like New Mexico value LSAT more than 7X GPA. That would mean LSAT = about 75% of your application. GPA = 10%? And a school like Davis which I thought was somewhat GPA heavy weighs LSAT 4.62 times more? Can that be?

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Schools that focus on LSAT more than GPA?

Postby acrossthelake » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:25 pm

BigA wrote:
$1.99 wrote:go to law school predictor and it has weights for all schools given to LSAT and GPA


Is that the LSAT/ GPA column? I've always wondered exactly how to interpret that. Could someone explain?


From what I know, yes. How can it be? Because people who have higher LSATs are more rare than ppl with high GPAs.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest