multiple LOCIs?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
amclane

multiple LOCIs?

Postby amclane » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:45 am

Is it appropriate to send more than one LOCI? Say, for example, I sent an initial LOCI shortly after receiving the waitlist. Then I send another LOCI after I visit.

Also, is it appropriate to let them know after you have put a deposit down at another shcool? Saying "I put a tuition deposit down at school X, but I am willing to forfeit it in order to attend your school."

Basically, I want to convey that I will do anything possible in order to attend this school, but I don't want to go overboard.

chinagator

Re: multiple LOCIs?

Postby chinagator » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:08 pm

I don't think it could hurt. Thanking them for their hospitality during the visit and conveying again how much you would love being there seems to me a good idea. But it wouldn't open any doors, either. It'll come down to your numbers. If they're too low, they're too low.

sanpiero

Re: multiple LOCIs?

Postby sanpiero » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:13 pm

amclane wrote:Is it appropriate to send more than one LOCI? Say, for example, I sent an initial LOCI shortly after receiving the waitlist. Then I send another LOCI after I visit.

Also, is it appropriate to let them know after you have put a deposit down at another shcool? Saying "I put a tuition deposit down at school X, but I am willing to forfeit it in order to attend your school."

Basically, I want to convey that I will do anything possible in order to attend this school, but I don't want to go overboard.

More than one LOCI is fine, especially when you visited between LOCIs 1 & 2. Just don't be overbearing.

As for the italicized, I don't think there is much to gain here but, if you insist, make sure you are committed to making good on your promise.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”