LSAT SCORES Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
trajantate

New

LSAT SCORES

Post by trajantate » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Made a 141 on LSAT//I didnt know what the hell I was doing; other than that I knew their would be Logic puzzles on it.I have never prepped or even studied for the LSAT before.I recently started a POLS class this spring where he gives LOGIC Puzzles.On the first one I got a 40.I wanted to take the test and see what would happend.The reading Comp part I understood how to do and the argument part where you compare the situation that best matches I understood a little.I just checked out the princton review book.I am a senior who was accepted into the masters program at my school.I decided Law School was a better choice for myself and family.If I can learn how to graph the puzzles and do some preping from now until June when they will hold the next LSAT, how much better do you think I can do with some proper training?
Last edited by trajantate on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MBZags

Silver

Re: LSAT SCORES

Post by MBZags » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:41 pm

Head to the LSAT Prep forum. There is tons of advice in those threads and in the stickeys.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:58 am

Flame?

trajantate

New

Post by trajantate » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:50 pm

MBZags wrote:Head to the LSAT Prep forum. There is tons of advice in those threads and in the stickeys.
Thanks

trajantate

New

Post by trajantate » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:54 pm

JCougar wrote:Flame?
I just wanted to know if anyone had ever taken the LSAT with no prep.I wanted to know after preparing how much of an increase did they have in their score.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:07 pm

trajantate wrote:
JCougar wrote:Flame?
I just wanted to know if anyone had ever taken the LSAT with no prep.I wanted to know after preparing how much of an increase did they have in their score.
No prep I got a 143
Some prep I got a 155
Some SERIOUS prep I know I am capable of well into 160s.

BrightLine

Bronze

Post by BrightLine » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:59 pm

trajantate wrote:Made a 141 on LSAT//I didnt know what the hell I was doing; other than that I knew their would be Logic puzzles on it.I have never prepped or even studied for the LSAT before.I recently started a POLS class this spring where he gives LOGIC Puzzles.On the first one I got a 40.I wanted to take the test and see what would happend.The reading Comp part I understood how to do and the argument part where you compare the situation that best matches I understood a little.I just checked out the princton review book.I am a senior who was accepted into the masters program at my school.I decided Law School was a better choice for myself and family.If I can learn how to graph the puzzles and do some preping from now until June when they will hold the next LSAT, how much better do you think I can do with some proper training?

You took a PT and got 141 or an actual LSAT?

For a PT that is a low score, even cold, but there are plenty of people who have made huge improvements with training and practice.

If it is an actual LSAT then would mind explaining your thought process in walking into a test like that with no preparation?

mailmanstalker

New

Post by mailmanstalker » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:14 pm

take a prep course, I think they are worth the $$ if you have done anything like this before, I was an art major in college and hadn't taken a timed exam in over 5 years before the LSAT,
Those course are good too because you take a few exmas that are simulated like the real thing. I improved my score 15 points.
I did Kaplan, but I heard princeton review is pretty much the same thing.

HOPPER4213

New

Post by HOPPER4213 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:56 pm

I took my first practice test and got a 159, proceeded to study for about 6 months off and on, and was up into the low 170s by the end of the studying. I dropped back to a 163 on the real LSAT in the 2008, as most people tend to do on "game day."

Now having said that, your ability to score higher on the next LSAT will have to do mostly with what section gave you trouble. If you missed 10-15 on the games section, I would say that a prep course has a real chance of getting you into the 150's at least and opening a lot of doors that are now closed.

As far as addendum goes, I dont think that its really going to matter at this point. No tier one law school is going to accept a 141 LSAT, so you will be shooting for a tier 3/4 school like TSU or Texas Weslayen. This brings up the next question of law school being worth it coming out of 2 of the worst rated law schools in the nation, and this depends on the person.

If you have a family practice to go into, go for it. If you thrive on building things from the ground up, go for it. IF you are expecting anyone to hand you a job bc you are an attorney upon completion of law school, think twice. Lawyers have saturated the market with sheer numbers, and there will be lawyers from schools like UT, UH, Baylor, SMU, even TTU that will trump you in job selection.

$100,000 educations arent for everyone, and my suggestion is retake the LSAT and dont accept mediocrity in this field. You said yourself you had a great excuse, so go prove that you are better than a 141, instead of trying to BS an admissions office about how you had to work too much to study.

If you cant work and study for the LSAT, you probably cant handle law school in there eyes. Retake it for sure.

trajantate

New

Post by trajantate » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:48 pm

Thank You ! I apreciate all of your advice.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”