LOCI

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
charlesjd

LOCI

Postby charlesjd » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:49 pm

I hear from some that you want to do it right away. I also hear from some that you need new information for it to be relevant.

Input???

jl2032

Re: LOCI

Postby jl2032 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:53 pm

charlesjd wrote:I hear from some that you want to do it right away. I also hear from some that you need new information for it to be relevant.

Input???

I'm writing one right now... LOCI's include two parts:

1. Why you love the school.
2. Why the school should love you.

So, if you already wrote a Why X essay, the first part should have some extra Why X stuff.

On the second half, yes, you might need new material on why you're so awesome and some cool stuff you've been doing since the last time they heard from you.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:53 pm

charlesjd wrote:I hear from some that you want to do it right away. I also hear from some that you need new information for it to be relevant.

Input???

Did you write a Why X essay with your orginal app? If not, a LOCI could be your chance to do so. If you did have a Why X essay, you can just list additional reasons why you want to go to the school and why you would be a good fit in the LOCI, or if you have any other changes (grades, promotion at work, publications, etc) you could mention those as well. Good luck!

charlesjd

Postby charlesjd » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:55 pm

This makes things much more clear. Thank you!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”