It is the second week of March...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
smartin
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:40 pm

It is the second week of March...

Postby smartin » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:57 pm

why are schools still sending out large information packets suggesting there's still time to apply to the Fall 2010 programs?

User avatar
HERetICal
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: It is the second week of March...

Postby HERetICal » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:57 pm

smartin wrote:why are schools still sending out large information packets suggesting there's still time to apply to the Fall 2010 programs?



You get one from GW also? ahah

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: It is the second week of March...

Postby moandersen » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:04 pm

HERetICal wrote:
smartin wrote:why are schools still sending out large information packets suggesting there's still time to apply to the Fall 2010 programs?



You get one from GW also? ahah


+1. if they offered to give me a fee waiver, I might have lowered their acceptance rate as a thank you.

User avatar
smartin
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: It is the second week of March...

Postby smartin » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:33 pm

HERetICal wrote:You get one from GW also? ahah


Ha, I wish. I got huge packets from Detroit Mercy and Texas Wesleyan yesterday. GW only sent me a tiny lil' envelope inviting me to apply. Also, I wish the University of Akron would save some trees and stop sending me flyers.

User avatar
kswiss
Posts: 391
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

Re: It is the second week of March...

Postby kswiss » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:45 pm

+1 Got one from GW yesterday.

270910
Posts: 2437
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: It is the second week of March...

Postby 270910 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Ouch... poor GW. Think the ratings drop hurt their applications?

User avatar
onthecusp
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:08 pm

Re: It is the second week of March...

Postby onthecusp » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:52 pm

smartin wrote:
HERetICal wrote:You get one from GW also? ahah


Ha, I wish. I got huge packets from Detroit Mercy and Texas Wesleyan yesterday. GW only sent me a tiny lil' envelope inviting me to apply. Also, I wish the University of Akron would save some trees and stop sending me flyers.


Detroit Mercy sends me emails every single day. The Dean from Florida Coastal actually sent me an email asking why I haven't responded to their email sending me a fee waiver, with a probable scholarship offer. That was kind of awkward.

User avatar
Charles Barkley
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 9:56 pm

Re: It is the second week of March...

Postby Charles Barkley » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:53 pm

onthecusp wrote:
smartin wrote:
HERetICal wrote:You get one from GW also? ahah


Ha, I wish. I got huge packets from Detroit Mercy and Texas Wesleyan yesterday. GW only sent me a tiny lil' envelope inviting me to apply. Also, I wish the University of Akron would save some trees and stop sending me flyers.


Detroit Mercy sends me emails every single day. The Dean from Florida Coastal actually sent me an email asking why I haven't responded to their email sending me a fee waiver, with a probable scholarship offer. That was kind of awkward.

I got the same email from Florida Coastal.

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10380
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: It is the second week of March...

Postby TTH » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:04 pm

Detroit Mercy just needs to stop. Could a current UDM student please clog their mailserver with pron?

Funny lawspam story today.

I got a form e-mail from a specific person at Florida State University inviting me to apply. I immediately deleted it. Then, a minute later I got another e-mail from the same person trying to recall his original e-mail. I got a good laugh picturing this guy at his desk saying, "Aww, shit! I didn't want to invite THAT asshole to apply." Then clicking "Recall."

Unfortunately, I got the same e-mail fifteen minutes later from "Admissions"

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: It is the second week of March...

Postby lawschoollll » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:16 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:Detroit Mercy just needs to stop. Could a current UDM student please clog their mailserver with pron?

Funny lawspam story today.

I got a form e-mail from a specific person at Florida State University inviting me to apply. I immediately deleted it. Then, a minute later I got another e-mail from the same person trying to recall his original e-mail. I got a good laugh picturing this guy at his desk saying, "Aww, shit! I didn't want to invite THAT asshole to apply." Then clicking "Recall."

Unfortunately, I got the same e-mail fifteen minutes later from "Admissions"


Hah... exact same sequence of events for me. After the first 2 (before the 3rd) I replied to the guy suggesting FSU spam include an "unsubscribe" option.

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: It is the second week of March...

Postby Unitas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:20 pm

I got a half dozen in the last three days (3 mail, 3 e-mails), most impressive was the Wake Forest e-mail. That was really nice...

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: It is the second week of March...

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:03 am

The only paper material I have gotten to date was form Cooley. I feel left out. I should call up GW to ask them to send me a packet. I just want to feel wanted :mrgreen:

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: It is the second week of March...

Postby JCougar » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:07 am

I'd love to apply to GW if I got a fee waiver. I think my chances of getting in aren't worth it, and I'd kind of rather go to school in the Midwest anyway, but initially I wanted to go to a DC school. Maybe I would change my mind if I got in.

I propose that you should be able to trade fee waivers like currency. I guess that would make the Florida Coastal fee waver as valuable as the Zimbabwe dollar: :shock:

Image

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: It is the second week of March...

Postby sarlis » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:09 am

TipTravHoot wrote:Detroit Mercy just needs to stop. Could a current UDM student please clog their mailserver with pron?

Funny lawspam story today.

I got a form e-mail from a specific person at Florida State University inviting me to apply. I immediately deleted it. Then, a minute later I got another e-mail from the same person trying to recall his original e-mail. I got a good laugh picturing this guy at his desk saying, "Aww, shit! I didn't want to invite THAT asshole to apply." Then clicking "Recall."

Unfortunately, I got the same e-mail fifteen minutes later from "Admissions"


+1 on the FSU thing.

and detroit mercy needs to stop emailing me... seriously

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: It is the second week of March...

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:11 am

I have about 12 of them to trade!!! (all email ones).

You know what the irony is - I have a LSAC fee waiver :lol: You'd think they would check before sending waivers.

Now if I can trade the "substantial scholarships" that I "should qualify for", we'd be talking.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: drillteam, haus, tlee13 and 8 guests