Want to email a school to offer me more $$, quick question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lauren24

Want to email a school to offer me more $$, quick question

Postby lauren24 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:57 pm

I am in between 3 schools I want to attend. They are all around the same rank. One of them gave me a considerably nice scholarship while the other 2 gave me less. I am debating whether to email the other 2 schools to politely ask for more money.

Also if I include details of how much the other school is giving me, they are not going to do something ridiculous like contact the other school saying I am using their scholarship as leverage to get more money out of the other schools. Right?

Sorry, I am just being a little paranoid about asking the schools for more money while providing them info of what the other schools are offering me.

romothesavior

Re: Want to email a school to offer me more $$, quick question

Postby romothesavior » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:59 pm

No, you will be fine. Schools are used to this type of thing and they understand the huge financial burden of LS. I actually brought up the question during a face-to-face discussion at a recent ASW, and I found the reception to more merit aid to be pretty warm. If schools want you, they will do what they can to get you more money.

sufjan

Postby sufjan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:04 am

i agree, and if they can't help you or won't they'll tell you. no harm in asking, IMO. worst case scenario they say 'sorry can't', best case is you come out of ls with less debt

lauren24

Postby lauren24 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:12 am

Hmm yeah I'll ask. How detailed should I be about the scholarship I received from the other schools? Should I name the school and give all the details regarding the scholarship?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”