3.63 URM ; LSAT needed????

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Insomniac

3.63 URM ; LSAT needed????

Postby Insomniac » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:55 am

Hi everyone. I am a URM senior who goes to a large state school in the southeast (public ivy) and who currently has a 3.63 gpa. I graduate in December and am planning to apply to law school in October. I am interested ( like many others) about my chances in the T14 law schools.

Softs include: Starting free tutoring sessions for young underprivileged students in my hometown. I hold a managerial position at my job. I am a Gates Millennium Scholar. Internship with U.S. Congresswoman. I have also been a member of my schools SGA as well as honors societies. Letters of rec should be good as well. What LSAT would I need to have a snowballs chance in hell at a T14? I was thinking like 170? Too low perhaps? Thanks all.

Rand M.

Re: 3.63 URM ; LSAT needed????

Postby Rand M. » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:15 am

Insomniac wrote:Hi everyone. I am a URM senior who goes to a large state school in the southeast (public ivy) and who currently has a 3.63 gpa. I graduate in December and am planning to apply to law school in October. I am interested ( like many others) about my chances in the T14 law schools.

Softs include: Starting free tutoring sessions for young underprivileged students in my hometown. I hold a managerial position at my job. I am a Gates Millennium Scholar. Internship with U.S. Congresswoman. I have also been a member of my schools SGA as well as honors societies. Letters of rec should be good as well. What LSAT would I need to have a snowballs chance in hell at a T14? I was thinking like 170? Too low perhaps? Thanks all.

What kind of URM? Race and sex.

Insomniac

Postby Insomniac » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:16 am

I am a Puerto Rican male.

Rand M.

Postby Rand M. » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:29 am

Insomniac wrote:I am a Puerto Rican male.

Others may be more familiar with PR chances, but 170 is definitely not too low for general T14 chances. Mid 160s should be good enough for that, Cornell's 25th is 166 after all. If you get a 170 you will have T6 and possibly T3 chances. Do as well as you can and good luck.

EDIT: Follow this guy's thread; predictions for his will be somewhat similar to your prospects.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=110042

Insomniac

Postby Insomniac » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:47 am

Thanks. I appreciate the info. I dont usually come across much info for Puerto Ricans. It seems like people have a hard time predicting them. I will do as best as I can. I am currently testing at 155, but I just got the Powerscore Bibles and am about to start hitting those books hard as I am taking the test in June (Yikes). Any body else have any info or advice on LSATs for Puerto Ricans or on how to look more palatable for these admission boards?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”