Columbia applicants this cycle

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Chianti2013

Columbia applicants this cycle

Postby Chianti2013 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:38 am

Hi all,

Quick question for all those who applied to Columbia - anyone out there apply (and complete) very early this cycle still yet to hear anything?

I submitted my application late September 2009 and went complete late October. To date, I have yet to get any communication from Columbia about the status of my application, not even a Hold letter, which several friends of mine (who all applied and went complete later than me) have already received.

I feel lucky to already have a number of other great choices, including an HLS acceptance, so I shouldn't complain. However, for several personal reasons, I have a strong desire to be in NYC next year, and I'm getting a bit frustrated waiting on Columbia. My LSAT is above their 75%tile and GPA around their median from a top undergrad, so I figured that they'd be pretty receptive towards me given how early I applied. Do you guys think it's inappropriate to contact the admissions office and ask what's going on? I'll probably strike a more conciliatory tone than I'm expressing right now. 8)

Thanks everyone!

crackberry

Re: Columbia applicants this cycle

Postby crackberry » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:47 am

This is probably a better place to ask a question like this:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=87103&start=4825

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”