I got a fee waiver today?! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Kobe_Teeth

Silver

I got a fee waiver today?!

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:23 am

UCONN sent me a fee waiver today. On March 3. This seemed odd. Anyone else getting late-in-the-game fee waivers?

kswiss

Bronze

Re: I got a fee waiver today?!

Post by kswiss » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:26 am

I got the same one today. Pretty useless.

Fark-o-vision

Silver

Post by Fark-o-vision » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:27 am

Same. Maybe looking for an applicant boost? If the wild stories about application increases are true, maybe (for whatever reason) UCONN is afraid they'll get left behind? I could see their numbers not rising as significantly as other schools, just because of location.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:27 am

lol

Did you take the LSAT in February or something? I keep getting e-mails from schools that already gave me fee waivers begging me to apply (I'm looking at you Quinnipac/Valparaiso), but I don't think I've gotten any new waivers.

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:30 am

TipTravHoot wrote:lol

Did you take the LSAT in February or something? I keep getting e-mails from schools that already gave me fee waivers begging me to apply (I'm looking at you Quinnipac/Valparaiso), but I don't think I've gotten any new waivers.

No December. It was quite odd...that was until I looked at LSN and noticed they have very few people applying to their school relative to other comparative schools.

Also +1 to Quinnipiac and I'm going to add ONU...if they inform me of one more online chat I'm driving to northern Ohio and raising hell.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:55 am

Kobe_Teeth wrote:
Also +1 to Quinnipiac and I'm going to add ONU...if they inform me of one more online chat I'm driving to northern Ohio and raising hell.
Don't do that, they may seduce you with their small town charm, you will fall right in their trap worse than attending the online chat.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”