anyone really considering ONU? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
wonner

New

anyone really considering ONU?

Post by wonner » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:56 pm

I have seen a number of applicants updating on LSN but there are no posts here? What's up?

chicoalto0649

Silver

Re: anyone really considering ONU?

Post by chicoalto0649 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:03 am

wonner wrote:I have seen a number of applicants updating on LSN but there are no posts here? What's up?

In case you aren't a flame. There are only 3, and I repeat, 3, law schools worth going to in the state of Ohio. They are as follows: Ohio State, Cincy, or Case Western ( I am very reluctant to put them on this list but I guess Cleveland needs lawyer and there is SOME local loyalty to the school).

ONU is a waste of space/time and probably the worst law school in the state. If you don't have the grades for the schools mentioned above, retake or just don't go

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:04 am

Their email marketing campaign (or SPAM) must really be effective.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:25 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:In case you aren't a flame. There are only 3, and I repeat, 3, law schools worth going to in the state of Ohio. They are as follows: Ohio State, Cincy, or Case Western ( I am very reluctant to put them on this list but I guess Cleveland needs lawyer and there is SOME local loyalty to the school).

ONU is a waste of space/time and probably the worst law school in the state. If you don't have the grades for the schools
mentioned above, retake or just don't go
C'mon...who doesn't want to spend three years in the Village of Ada. You could drive in to Lima on weekends!

I'd add Cleveland State to Chicoalto's list and maybe even Akron, but for the most part he's right. There's no reason to go to ONU or many of the other law schools in Ohio.

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:31 am

ONU is pissing me off.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wonner

New

Post by wonner » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:50 am

Not a flame. I was seriously curious. The village is close to my home town and while I do not relish the idea of moving back there I am considering attendance to be close to my family. Just thought I would see if anyone else was even considering. Should have known better. Thanks for the replies.

mugrad06

New

Post by mugrad06 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:52 am

I applied to ONU. I have a friend that currently goes there, she is a 2L. However, I don't think i will get it from my recent chat with the admissions office :( but we will see I guess.

jcschrock

New

Post by jcschrock » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:55 am

r6_philly wrote:Their email marketing campaign (or SPAM) must really be effective.
I've received 10 emails from them since December. The title, however, still goes to Quinnipiac (12).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”