LSAC GPA and Transfer Credits Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
g_gopinatz

New

Re: LSAC GPA and Transfer Credits

Post by g_gopinatz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:20 am

bumping for current issue. in my case, lsac DID count my non-transferred credits... with terrifying results. anyone know if this is normal?

going to call them as soon as they open...
completing wrote: Yes, non-transferable classes will NOT be counted.

I had 2 non-transferable classes and they were not counted at all.
I must say, this post gives me hope.

dreamofNYC

Bronze

Post by dreamofNYC » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:33 pm

What did you manage to figure out? I got an "F" to a class i never transferred to my degree awarded institution and i am terrified this will thwart my law school future. Any thoughts on this? Is LSAC counting ALL credits (including those that were never transferred?)

KingJamesLBJ

Bronze

Post by KingJamesLBJ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:45 pm

dreamofNYC wrote:What did you manage to figure out? I got an "F" to a class i never transferred to my degree awarded institution and i am terrified this will thwart my law school future. Any thoughts on this? Is LSAC counting ALL credits (including those that were never transferred?)

They count everything... and you have to send transcripts from every college you ever attended regardless of transfers.

Chidasuuu

New

Post by Chidasuuu » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:53 pm

jk11287 wrote:
fangonk wrote:Slow down..... My head is spinning.

So, when the admissions people crack open my application, they are not going to see the GPA from my current institution but rather some other number that they have calculated? Im not applying until next year, is there anyway I can get LSAC to tell me my GPA before then?
Yes, they are going to see your LSDAS GPA. It screws a lot of people.

You can figure out your GPA before then...just assemble every grade you've ever gotten from every college (yes, community college, 2 year degrees, transfer credits, etc count towards this) and multiply the number of "A" grades by 4.0...A- x 3.66...etc.
When calculating your LSDAS GPA an A- is not a 3.66 but a 3.67.

Chidasuuu

New

Post by Chidasuuu » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:56 pm

dreamofNYC wrote:What did you manage to figure out? I got an "F" to a class i never transferred to my degree awarded institution and i am terrified this will thwart my law school future. Any thoughts on this? Is LSAC counting ALL credits (including those that were never transferred?)
I just checked out your profile, you have a reported 3.9 GPA from Columbia....I just have two questions.

1. How did you manage to recover from a F and make a 3.9 cumulative GPA.
2. How did you manage to transfer to Columbia with a F on your transcript?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”