Contacting Admissions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mugrad06

Contacting Admissions

Postby mugrad06 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:54 am

I was wondering about how long should I wait to contact the admissions office at the University of Dayton again. I hadn't heard a thing from them since they received my file and I called yesterday to ask about the status of my file. The lady said that my file is currently in review with the committee (no decision yet). I asked how long files typically stay in review and she said 6-8 weeks and that I should be hearing something soon since this is the 8th week my file has been in review(file went into review the first week of Jan). I was wondering how long I should wait to contact them again regarding my file to see if it is still in review or a decision has been made. They don't have the online status checker either. They only reason I am really concerned about it is because I did get into Appalachian and theirs and Dayton's open house are on the same day. Obviously I can't go to both on the same day, but I'd like to be able to visit both schools before I made a decision on where to go in the fall (on the off chance I do get into Dayton) Appalachian's first seat deposit is due April 1st also. I guess I'm getting a little anxious, lol. Any input would be greatly apperciated.

TTH

Re: Contacting Admissions

Postby TTH » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:07 am

mugrad06 wrote:I was wondering about how long should I wait to contact the admissions office at the University of Dayton again. I hadn't heard a thing from them since they received my file and I called yesterday to ask about the status of my file. The lady said that my file is currently in review with the committee (no decision yet). I asked how long files typically stay in review and she said 6-8 weeks and that I should be hearing something soon since this is the 8th week my file has been in review(file went into review the first week of Jan). I was wondering how long I should wait to contact them again regarding my file to see if it is still in review or a decision has been made. They don't have the online status checker either. They only reason I am really concerned about it is because I did get into Appalachian and theirs and Dayton's open house are on the same day. Obviously I can't go to both on the same day, but I'd like to be able to visit both schools before I made a decision on where to go in the fall (on the off chance I do get into Dayton) Appalachian's first seat deposit is due April 1st also. I guess I'm getting a little anxious, lol. Any input would be greatly apperciated.

Go Herd!

I would wait until Monday, then call again.

And on a broader note, don't go to Appalachian. Even if you want to stay and practice in West Virginia or Western Virginia, it's really hard to find a good job coming out of there. If Appalachian is your only option, then I would seriously consider waiting a year, retaking the LSAT, and setting your sights on at least WVU.

mugrad06

Postby mugrad06 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:19 am

Wow someone knows the Herd, lol. They almost beat UTEP last night!

Thanks! I was kinda of thinking Monday/Tuesday but really didn't know for sure. I do want to stay in the area. I've lived here all my life and as much as people put down West Virginia, it really is a good place to live and raise a family, at least it has been for me. I really wanted into WVU. Apparently they are pooling a lot of people this cycle with 155-159 LSATs. Not entirely sure why. As of right now Appalachian is my only option.

TTH

Postby TTH » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:12 pm

mugrad06 wrote:Wow someone knows the Herd, lol. They almost beat UTEP last night!

Thanks! I was kinda of thinking Monday/Tuesday but really didn't know for sure. I do want to stay in the area. I've lived here all my life and as much as people put down West Virginia, it really is a good place to live and raise a family, at least it has been for me. I really wanted into WVU. Apparently they are pooling a lot of people this cycle with 155-159 LSATs. Not entirely sure why. As of right now Appalachian is my only option.

I grew up in West Virginia and went to Marshall. There's a lot I love about WV and a lot I hate, but all in all, I tend to agree with you. If the choice is between Appalachian and waiting a year, then wait a year. I can't really understate how terrible of a school it is.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”