LSDAS GPA Disaster Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hdunn85

New

LSDAS GPA Disaster

Post by hdunn85 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:30 pm

I recently received an email from a school that said my reported gpa was a 3.14. My graduating gpa was a 3.74, but I had some pretty miserable transfer credits from a university I attended prior to the college I graduated from. Considering that I only scored a 153 on the Lsat, my gpa was supposed to be my balancing factor. Do law schools really look at apps in their entirety, because my statement/resume reflect the high level of academic performance after my transfer, or will they just see my scores and discard? Should I email the schools I applied to?

jks289

Silver

Re: LSDAS GPA Disaster

Post by jks289 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:32 pm

hdunn85 wrote:I recently received an email from a school that said my reported gpa was a 3.14. My graduating gpa was a 3.74, but I had some pretty miserable transfer credits from a university I attended prior to the college I graduated from. Considering that I only scored a 153 on the Lsat, my gpa was supposed to be my balancing factor. Do law schools really look at apps in their entirety, because my statement/resume reflect the high level of academic performance after my transfer, or will they just see my scores and discard? Should I email the schools I applied to?
You have a 3.14 and a 153. Plug those numbers into LSP and adjust your applications accordingly. You can write an addendum for the GPA difference, but ultimately it will not significantly affect you chances.

iShotFirst

Bronze

Post by iShotFirst » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:36 pm

I dropped significantly from a 3.7x as well. Best to just accept it and move on, you cant do anything about it.

lawschoolstudent85

Bronze

Post by lawschoolstudent85 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:37 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”